$200 Craigslist Score (Copper EP-310)

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
I've never actually paid for a Weber grill before even though I've owned my fair share of them, but I was looking on Craigslist last night and found an EP-310 in the Copper color for $200. The lady was very nice and she was selling it b/c she is selling her house. I don't think she knew the true value of this grill. The paint on the bottom grill box was chipping and she actually had Weber send her a new box, she just hadn't installed it yet. So she gave that to me as well. She also gave me a slightly used Weber cover and a half-filled propane tank. And a couple BBQ tools.

The serial # starts with a DI, so I guess that means it's a 2007 model. I was very surprised to find that this was the EP version with the SS grates and flavor bars.

Very happy with this purchase. I'll try to put up some more pictures after work.

Picture after picking it up:

IMG_20110608_130254.jpg

tsk tsk ... Had the propane tank been full, it would have been a good deal. As it is ...

Just kidding! That's a beautiful grill and with SS internals as well.

I've been watching CL for a bit and a couple things surprise me.
1) How much some people think a relatively new grill is worth.
2) How many bargains there are. (Must resist!)
3) How many free ones show up.

My 'find' cost me $30 but it is at least ten years old and in need of grate and flavorizer bars. It had no cover or tank. I had a CI grate that fits and tank and SS flavorizer bars will set me back another $46. Add a cover and I'll be in for about $100, but it's a beaut! It's black so it doesn't have the dazzle that yours has, but it cleaned up pretty nice for a 10 year old unit. It's a smaller two burner grill (Genesis Silver A) which is ideal for my intended use.

Even though I found what I want, I'm still watching CL.
icon_wink.gif
That's addictive!

thanks guys. i have to admit, ever since I joined this site I have been watching CL like a hawk. I even downloaded an app for my android phone to give me an alert every time a new "weber" listing is posted.

when i got home i looked through the box the new grilling box was in and there was a brand new ignitor assembly in there as well! not sure this grill even needs a new one.
man, i got very lucky with this one.

I haven't had time to inspect this one closely, but at quick glance it looks like the lady might have used the grill a max of 10-15 times. the drip pan is very clean and still that nice silver/new color.

Would like to know if anyone has ever "matched" the gray paint with something off the shelf at HD or Lowe's that matches the sides of the shrouds on these new Genesis models to paint over where the paint has chipped on this unit.

Or, better yet, has anyone found a good way to get rid of the dark brown/black burn areas above where the paint is chipped? Will any specific cleaner remove these stains or would it have to be painted??

Wow! the grill is in great shape. It has been barely used. The grates and flavorizer bars still look new or lightly used. I've never seen chipped paint on the side like that. Congrats on your purchase.

Some people have all the luck. I bet your just teasing us and your moving the grill to the new house for her!;)

Last edited:
Or, better yet, has anyone found a good way to get rid of the dark brown/black burn areas above where the paint is chipped? Will any specific cleaner remove these stains or would it have to be painted??

I have this same grill in SS and to remove the black smoke from the side I use a SOS pad and some citrus cleaner, or simple green. comes right off.

I would think if you removed that box cleaned it up and found a good high heat gray it would look good and non the wiser.
This is the best gas grill I have ever owned, I had a thick cheapo cover on mine for a few years and it would hold moisture causing my igniter to fill with water so I had to replace it and the cover, the new Weber cover breaths and lets the moisture out,
Only thing I have ever replaced on my grill and it is a 2007 also.
You will love this grill great find and sounds like a nice lady also to give you all the extras for one price. I wish I new about craigslist before I bought mine could have save a ton. Oh Well.

What a find. Congratulations!
And I have to give you credit, as you inspired me to look online as well. And was lucky enough to find a S-310/NG for $200 also, which is just crazy as up here in Ontario those grills retail for $900.
Not an amazing Copper color like yours, but mint enough to make me feel pretty darn good about it. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your find..

Cheers!

It looks like the PO did not clean the grease tray and had a pretty good conflagration in there. Probably scared them in to thinking the Weber was crap because you had to clean it occasionally. Anyway it looks like that is what blistered that paint off the side

I mentioned this in another thread, but I found an old digital camera in my house...found pictures I had taken of this grill when I bought it used back in 2011....was a super good deal back then. I ended up having to sell it later when I sold the house and moved into a small condo.

SAM_0172.JPGSAM_0173.JPGSAM_0174.JPGSAM_0175.JPGSAM_0176.JPGSAM_0177.JPGSAM_0178.JPG

Back