2 meatloafs going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
I did a meatloaf last week and lit 1 full weber chimney then added another full of unlit and waited till it ashed over. I then assembled the smoker and faught to get the temp to 350. I had to add another half chimney of lit.

Today, after learning from my mistakes I lit 1 and a half weber chimneys then added another full. Today I am it's running about 330. I have two meatloafs on and am looking forward to dinner.

My problem today is my Maverick ET-73 is showing HHH for pit temp. I have a weber grill therm. in the lid to keep track of my pit temp. I am glad so many have had good luck with their ET-73 but mine SUX. I will be giving them a call tomorrow AM.

Mike

To anyone reading this who do I call about my ET-73? I got it from through Amazon, which then went to the Gadget Source?? or do I call MAverick direct?

Mike

I called Maverick direct at 732-417-9666 and got a very positive response. My transmitter would not even show a display. They sent me a new without my having to mail the defective one back first. The new one works as advertised.

Griff

Yep, come on up! I finished the meatloafs in about 2 hours. I had plenty of fire, that WSM still amazes me! I loaded it up with chicken thighs and some cherry wood. When that was done I added some knochwurst and smoked them for an hour.

I am set for the rest of the week, if my wife doesn't eat all of the meatloaf!! Iam glad I could stil get kingsford in VA after Susan did her damage.;-))

Cheers to all and happy smoking.

Mike

MMMMMmmmmm... knockwurst.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

for what it's worth, i've read many people asying how their digital thermometers down't work well. i've had two pyrex models in 7 years. the first one died when i dropped it hard, i took it back to bed bath and beyond and they offered to replace and it's worked perfect. i would reccomend them.

I have had Taylor and I now also have one of the weber remotes and it works great but it doesn't have a remote smoker temp. That is why I got the Maverick especially after the high praise I read here. Is the Pyrex model a remote? Does it have dual probes?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back