1st time Beef Ribs /pics

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Hello all,
1st time BBQ Beef ribs on the WSM. I found some beef ribs with a lot of meat on them, at the store yesterday, that I could not pass up, for $.99 per lb. Also, 1st time using Rancher's charcoal from Home Depot. Very happy with this brand. I will go back and buy a few more bags of this stuff. I put the ribs on at 10:00am, and they were done around 3:00pm. I used the Brickmann water pan, 2 chimneys of coals, and left all vents wide open for almost the entire cook. The temps got as high as $270, but came back down to $255 for most of the cook. The ribs were moist, tender, and the meat easily came off the bone. I was very happy with the results.

Here are the pictures.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AZMnDhk1ZMXyg

Fantastic! Good racks of beef ribs are so hard to find, especially when they are on sale for .99 /lb. I usually can only find ones that have been trimmed to death and have almost zero meat on them. Beef ribs are a personal favorite of mine, but I don't get them often enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael C.:
Hello all,
1st time BBQ Beef ribs on the WSM. I found some beef ribs with a lot of meat on them, at the store yesterday, that I could not pass up, for $.99 per lb. Also, 1st time using Rancher's charcoal from Home Depot. Very happy with this brand. I will go back and buy a few more bags of this stuff. I put the ribs on at 10:00am, and they were done around 3:00pm. I used the Brickmann water pan, 2 chimneys of coals, and left all vents wide open for almost the entire cook. The temps got as high as $270, but came back down to $255 for most of the cook. The ribs were moist, tender, and the meat easily came off the bone. I was very happy with the results.

Here are the pictures.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AZMnDhk1ZMXyg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now that's what I'm talking about! NICE! Does a different water pan make a difference? Do you recommend buying another one?

You should HUG YOUR BUTCHER!! I would if I could get beef ribs that were as meaty as those! Fantastic job cooking them as well!

I'm going to print that picture and take it to the locker and say, give me some of THESE
icon_biggrin.gif
I've never done beef ribs but now I really want to.

Brandon

Great looking bones Michael! Those bad boys were nice and meaty. Thanks for sharing...now I'm really getting hungry
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You should HUG YOUR BUTCHER!! I would if I could get beef ribs that were as meaty as those! Fantastic job cooking them as well!

Larry Wolfe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with you Larry!!!!! I can never find Beef Ribs that meaty where I live, that's why I hardly cook them....

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron Bullock:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You should HUG YOUR BUTCHER!! I would if I could get beef ribs that were as meaty as those! Fantastic job cooking them as well!

Larry Wolfe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with you Larry!!!!! I can never find Beef Ribs that meaty where I live, that's why I hardly cook them....

Ron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same deal in the NorthEast. Need to talk to my butcher again, but the only way I may get them cut right is to buy a couple rib roasts and have them cut the ribs custom and keep the eye and slice it and vac seal the steaks for later use.

Back