1st Pork But Success...Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musky-Hunter

TVWBB Member
First pork (butt?) today was tremendous. Thank you all for your tips, instructions, and assistance on this site. At the local super market I asked the butcher for a Boston Butt or a shoulder. I was told he had never heard of a Boston roast. He gave me a Pork Shoulder Blade Roast and said that was I was probably looking for.

Did I cook pork butt? I?ve read lots of stories about he hassle of pulling pork. Mine was easy. The roast was very consistent with very little waste which is why I?m thinking I may not have cooked a Boston or Picnic.

5LB Pork Shoulder Blade Roast on WSM 9.5hrs at lid temp of 250* Removed at internal temp of 190* covered and let stand for one hour.

Thanks again.

Congrats mine was awful I quess it was becouse I took it out when it was 170 degrees it was to tough to eat
frown.gif

------------------

Hang in There it will get better ;-)

Yes, blade roast is a different name for pork butt. Look at the pig diagram in this post:
http://tvwbb.101inc.com/tvwbubb/Forum1/HTML/000047.html

and you'll see that the pork shoulder--the front leg section--is divided into two main parts. The upper part is the boston butt (or pork butt, or blade roast--it contains part of the shoulder blade bone). The lower part is the picnic. Combined you have a whole pork shoulder.

Cooking to 190*F is perfect. Glad it turned out well for you!

Mike, just cook yours longer, you'll be all set.

Regards,
Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Allingham (edited 07-02-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back