1st cook on new performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Beers

TVWBB Diamond Member
I an picking up my performer this afternoon, I hope to get home around 5 and put it together and fire that bad boy up.I think I will do some burgers for the family. I had a gasser but the grates are rusted badly and the burners are all gone so instead of replacing or fixing up the gasser I thought of going strickly charcoal and with the performer I am hoping to be able to get cooking in about 20 minutes. I know I am going to like this unit and the food will taste soooo much better

Thanks for all the help with this decision

You will find your timeing to be nearly identical and the theory of charcoal taking longer is hogwash.

You just need to reverse your prep. I used to get things prepped for the grill, then go out and turn it on and start cooking. Now I fire up the chimney and in the 15 min or so that it takes to light, I prep my food. Dinner is ready in the same amount of time either way
icon_smile.gif

But one way sure taste better to me
icon_smile.gif

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now.You are going to love it.Just throw about a dozen briqs. over the burner,light her up and in afew minutes they are ready.Just rake them to the side a nd cook them burgers.When finished cloes everthing up and you got coals for the next cook.I am almost 70 years old and had a lot of cookers....this ia a alomost perfect cooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back