1997 Genesis LX manifold issue

Yeah, that guy was quite the plumber. I'll bet he was pretty proud of that when it was done.
Yeah, he was quite proud of it when I picked the grill up.

Well, that's one way of going from a 3/8" female flare to a 1/4"NPT female pipe when you buy the wrong regulator, I guess...gotta give him points for creativity, at least...
He said the guy at home depot helped him when he converted the tank hose from the old style to the new style.

All the ridicule aside, it doesn't leak.

Yeah, he was quite proud of it when I picked the grill up.

He said the guy at home depot helped him when he converted the tank hose from the old style to the new style.

All the ridicule aside, it doesn't leak.
I hope I didn't come across like that! I've done that many times on the job, when the most important thing is to get the machine back up and running...we'll fix it the right way later (which later never came, it seemed).

Last edited:
I cleaned up the manifold ( a little) and got the valves all working well. I reinstalled it and moved the bracket over to the sagging side. It's much better now. I also swapped out the control panels, I put a more faded one on and brought the nicer one inside for a future restoration. I didn't bother to take any pictures, not really that interesting. Thanks to Bruce for the tip on moving the manifold bracket over.

Yah, pretty crazy weather here too. Thunder lightening and some heavy rain. My buddy live about three or 4 miles away and he had heavy hail but none here. Supposed to get over 50 by late tonight. I would have been out doing a Venison roast on the roto if it wasn't raining so much.

Yeah wild ride last night. We live under the flight path to KRFD and regularly have heavy freighters flying in (I guess we have 2nd busiest UPS hub in the US, plus we now have a huge Amazon Prime air freight operation not to mention Emery runs some huge plains out of here. Occasionally seeing an A380F as well.
Well last night sounded like we had a constant run of "heavies" overhead.

Back