Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Bgu44iw2kKGrHqIH-CQEsTh58ioBLGcTpY0.jpg

This is an edit, since I just found out the name of this grill:
http://www.webergrillrestauran...ut/webertimeline.pdf

The auction description:
"Very cool looking Weber Syle Grill for the boat - I am told you can hang this from somewhere and it has a like a gyro sytem on it to keep it level - pretty clean for its age. 14" diameter terrific color for sure."

I was outbid, and it sold for $52.89.
Would have went higher had I found the info about it sooner.
I hope a member got it!

Thats a sharp old grill. I bet it could be cleaned right up. Sorry you didn't get it. I hate ebay lately. All those bidding sniper gizmos are a pain.

Hope someone on here got it.

What I've grown to dislike about ebay is that most of the folks selling on ebay now are dealers, not regular folks cleaning out a closet or garage.

I don't see much of anything different on ebay that I can't see at my local WalMart or Ace Hardware.

It's the interesting, unusual things that I like to search for - like 1960 model Weber grills. I didn't even see this one!

Pat

I agree, eBay ain't what it used to be!

I've been a member since 1997, but it's really went downhill these last 2 years.
The current CEO, John Donahoe, called the small sellers "noise" and pushed most of them off the site.

But payback is heck, since shares and profits are down.

eBay is becoming a dirty word to a lot of people these days.

I just found one of these in great condition. Very little surface rust on the vent or legs all four "feet" all original inards. I'm new to this board but if someone can tell me how to post some pics I will.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil (Big Phil):
I just found one of these in great condition. Very little surface rust on the vent or legs all four "feet" all original inards. I'm new to this board but if someone can tell me how to post some pics I will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the forum Phil!
Great find, and we would like to see it!

Here is a link for posting pictures:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/howtouse.html#photo

Hey Bob - somebody has a red SJP like "ours" on ebay - last time I looked, bid was up to $50, but they had a "Buy it Now" price of over $400. I don't think so!

Its so much more fun to find a bargain, or even better yet, a nice "toss out."

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
Hey Bob - somebody has a red SJP like "ours" on ebay - last time I looked, bid was up to $50, but they had a "Buy it Now" price of over $400. I don't think so!

Its so much more fun to find a bargain, or even better yet, a nice "toss out."

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I saw that one Pat.
Since a bid has been placed, the BIN option went away.
It looked, to me, to have some issues.

Yes, bargains are best!
Still looking for my bargain 14" SJ.
This Spring should find one on CL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil (Big Phil):
I just found one of these in great condition. Very little surface rust on the vent or legs all four "feet" all original inards. I'm new to this board but if someone can tell me how to post some pics I will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the forum Phil!
Great find, and we would like to see it!

Here is a link for posting pictures:
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/howtouse.html#photo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bob! You really are a pro! Here are the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back