18.5 charcoal ring for 22.5 wsm

Doug Selman

TVWBB Super Fan
Waiting on delivery of a new 22.5 WSM! Where has anyone ordered/bought an 18.5 charcoal ring? I have not had any luck finding one online. I called Weber customer service, and the lady I talked to said she couldn't sell me one since I did not own a WSM yet. :confused: Does anybody know what the part # is for the 18.5 ring?

It is very easy to just make one out of expended metal and it works a lot better as well.

Peter

It is very easy to just make one out of expended metal and it works a lot better as well.

Peter

You can buy one here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088ER0US/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but be sure to use the link on the front page of the forum to amazon so the site gets a kickback. I bought mine from this seller as well as another grate so I could just swap the rings w/grate attached at will as needed.

You could also build one cheaper like PeterZ mentioned if you have the pieces to do it. They are pretty easy to acquire.

I was able to get a 18.5 ring from Weber before I received my 22.5 WSM. Here is what happened the first person I talked to (I was just pricing them. Wasn't ready to order.) told me I could not buy it until I had a serial number from my WSM. I called back 10 minutes later and got a different rep. I explained what I needed it for and that person told me it would be fine and gave me a quote. Then finally I was ready to order so I called back a day or two later and the 3rd rep said I could not order. I explained that I was told by a different rep that it would not be a problem and that person put me on hold, talked to a "supervisor" and then got back on and placed the order without a problem. The moral of the story is: It can be done it just depends on who you talk to.

You can buy one here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088ER0US/?tag=TVWB-20 but be sure to use the link on the front page of the forum to amazon so the site gets a kickback. I bought mine from this seller as well as another grate so I could just swap the rings w/grate attached at will as needed.

You could also build one cheaper like PeterZ mentioned if you have the pieces to do it. They are pretty easy to acquire.

Mike, thanks for the link. When I tried searching Amazon for it, I used a different term and didn't come up with anything. I went ahead and ordered one using the TVWBB link.

I was able to get a 18.5 ring from Weber before I received my 22.5 WSM. Here is what happened the first person I talked to (I was just pricing them. Wasn't ready to order.) told me I could not buy it until I had a serial number from my WSM. I called back 10 minutes later and got a different rep. I explained what I needed it for and that person told me it would be fine and gave me a quote. Then finally I was ready to order so I called back a day or two later and the 3rd rep said I could not order. I explained that I was told by a different rep that it would not be a problem and that person put me on hold, talked to a "supervisor" and then got back on and placed the order without a problem. The moral of the story is: It can be done it just depends on who you talk to.

James, that is exactly what happened to me. It caught me off guard and made me go "uhh?"
Thanks to everyone for the help and advice! This is a great site!

Back