$15 Genesis Silver C to Frankengrill.

Picking up a Free Silver C to strip parts from tomorrow.
It has the right side flip out table, and black end handles. Going to see if it has a better side burner and hopefully it has the spider guard for the side burner I need.
Guy said he was going to leave it by his garage and that he was not going to be there for I was not coming until later in the evening.
I just hope someone does not pick it up before I get there.

View attachment 31391

Edit:
I got it. It was in pretty rough shape. I will have to evaluate parts once I have cleaned them. The owner said he
never used the side burner. I did not ask if he had the grill since new though. I think I may keep the thermoset tables, side burner, control panel, end handles, knobs, rocker switches, manifold and lid. Maybe even keep the firebox. Going to scrap the rest.

Any thing else you guys think I should keep?

View attachment 31478
View attachment 31479
let me know if you want to sell the right side table top and the side burner cover. the last grill i got for parts was a silver B but once i used a pressure washer on it it was to nice to use for parts

let me know if you want to sell the right side table top and the side burner cover. the last grill i got for parts was a silver B but once i used a pressure washer on it it was to nice to use for parts
Okay, I will let you know when I am done.

They are just push nuts....Hmmm, i cannot remember the size but I did buy some. You can get them at small hardware stores like Ace.
But, I just put a few dabs of red RTV high heat silicone on the backs of them and stick them back on. Easy to remove again and no worries about needing a new push nut.

Here is your answer: https://tvwbb.com/threads/need-a-tiny-little-part-2-of-em-weber-emblem-holder-onr.83950/#post-930082
Thanks Bruce,
I just ordered some off of Ebay.

That kind of looks "non-breathable" and I dont see any vents. That would worry me, but at least it doesn't sit on the ground on the bottom.
Ive been hearing about the non vent covers on the grills which cause mositure, rust, and rot... Ive used the king kong cover on my Genesis silver B now for 5 years with not even a bit of rust, mainly because you cant get the Older Weber vented covers anymore.. I do have it off the ground on a wooden deck.. If any grill is sitting on the dirt/grass its gonna rot period, regardless of the cover. just like a car. I just ordered another king kong cover for my refurbished grill.. Its heavy duty and i leave my grill covered with it all winter long up here in New England and it still looks perfect

Last edited:
Ive been hearing about the non vent covers on the grills which cause mositure, rust, and rot... Ive used the king kong cover on my Genesis silver B now for 5 years with not even a bit of rust, mainly because you cant get the Older Weber vented covers anymore.. I do have it off the ground on a wooden deck.. If any grill is sitting on the dirt/grass its gonna rot period, regardless of the cover. just like a car. I just ordered another king kong cover for my refurbished grill.. Its heavy duty and i leave my grill covered with it all winter long up here in New England and it still looks perfect

I second the King Kong covers. It's a lot more pliable than some of the weber covers I've seen, so less likely to crack later one.

It also sits an inch or 2 off the ground. I have my grill sitting on my back patio, which has interlocking stones.

Back