120 to 1200 parts

Lue

I have a Q120 but I am looking to replace the lid with a color one from the 1200 models. I'm thinking that should be a no problem since both bottom belly are the same size. Anyone done this before?

Just paint the one you have. Those lids are not porcelain like the big Webers they're painted (powder coat I believe).

Do a search in the forum because a few people have painted with high heat paint or powder coated it. I think the powder coat will last longer, but will cost more. When I get the funds I have a place that will powder coat my Q220 lid. I'm thinking Weber Red, but a teal, Subaru WRB blue or BMW blue would be cool too.

I've seen a black one and a red one in these forums.

I just painted mine bright red using automotive engine paint from Walmart. I have painted all of my webers (Performer, 22 1/2 silver, Jumbo Joe, SMJ) using the same automotive paint. I just really like the bright red tops (I leave the bottoms black) and it makes my webers distinctive. Anyway I have not had any problems with the paint coming off, blistering, or anything like that. Just take off the hardware, which is really easy, and put a couple of thin coats on.

Back