Check out this redhead!

I always say "there will be another one", but in this case, it might be a while.

I always say "there will be another one", but in this case, it might be a while.

Yeah, I think that was a really unique find, not likely to be repeated. Personally, I wouldn't really want the built-in aspect, but a perfect example of that Summit, especially with a red hood, would definitely be the cat's meow! I also keep my eyes open for the very off chance that someone in the US will still have and want to sell the Weber Flat-Top which was based on this Summit. If you aren't familiar with it, check out the catalog pages that Chris has put together and look for the Australian catalog. Scroll down past the kettle grills and Genesis until you get to the Flat-Top:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?72554-1992-Weber-Australia-Product-Brochure

The Flat-Top was much more popular down under than here in the US. I have been told, and do understand, that essentially this grill is just a first generation Summit without a hood and replaced with sliding covers. But cooking on a Summit with the hood open just wouldn't be the same. Can't you just see Crocodile Dundee right there with you while you grill away with smoke and sizzle going on for everyone to see and smell? And thos slick flat top sliding covers! I would find a way to make room on my deck for that! (And if you saw my recent post you know that wouldn't be very easy;)!)

Last edited:

Back