Neglected ol Summit

Hate to bust the bubble but I'll lay odds Weber will not have the fire box parts. I ran in to the same issue with my Summit 450 when it was less than 10 years old. Weber said so sorry parts not available.

LM, just out of curiosity, but what parts where you needing ?

This thread was well timed, I am in the process of restoring my Summit Gold D. My front panel is also rusted, not quite as bad as yours.

I found my serial number on a sticker on the manifold tube. If you pull off the knobs and control panel, you should see it. you might even be able to just poke your head underneath to spot it.

DaveW, can you PM me that phone number for the girl at Weber?

Has anyone ordered from ereplacementparts.com before? They seem to have a lot of parts available.

This thread was well timed, I am in the process of restoring my Summit Gold D. My front panel is also rusted, not quite as bad as yours.

I found my serial number on a sticker on the manifold tube. If you pull off the knobs and control panel, you should see it. you might even be able to just poke your head underneath to spot it.

DaveW, can you PM me that phone number for the girl at Weber?

Has anyone ordered from ereplacementparts.com before? They seem to have a lot of parts available.

I've been getting all my parts for the Summit from Weber and the prices have been much lower than Ereplacement's. PM has been sent!

Last edited:
I found that ereplacement had some parts for less than Weber and Weber had some parts for less than ereplacement. The two times that I called Weber customer service the person on the other end was borderline rude.

I found my serial number on a sticker on the manifold tube. If you pull off the knobs and control panel, you should see it.

Tom, can you post a pic of the location you saw this in the manifold? Does anyone else have a serial number sticker on the manifold tube? He only sticker I found is next to the tank holder.

Interesting fact about ereplacementparts.com, I needed a top frame for my Genesis C cart, I checked the price at ereplacementparts.com and it cost $90 plus shipping, they had only two left in stock...I called Weber and they happened to have only two left in stock too! The price was the same but I asked nicely for a discount, I got it for 55 bucks, shipping included.

Tom, can you post a pic of the location you saw this in the manifold? Does anyone else have a serial number sticker on the manifold tube? He only sticker I found is next to the tank holder.

Just checked and found the sticker underneath on the left hand side of the manifold.

Last edited:
LM, just out of curiosity, but what parts where you needing ?

If I could figure out how the heck to post a photo on this site it would be easier. But on my Summit the front portion of the firebox where the burners pass through is rusting away. I have been thinking about trying to find someone to fabricate one out of SS but am fearful my beautiful Summit will go to the scrap heap because Weber chose not to stand behind this product. BTW when I called Weber about this my grill was WELL within warranty period

If I could figure out how the heck to post a photo on this site it would be easier. But on my Summit the front portion of the firebox where the burners pass through is rusting away. I have been thinking about trying to find someone to fabricate one out of SS but am fearful my beautiful Summit will go to the scrap heap because Weber chose not to stand behind this product. BTW when I called Weber about this my grill was WELL within warranty period

There might be an easier way, but to post a photo, first upload it to an image hosting site such as tinypic.com. Then, there are two different methods. At Tinypics, there will be a box that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" Just copy the code in the box underneath and paste it right into a reply. Or, look a bit lower and you'll see "Direct Link for Layouts". Copy that link, then hit the "insert image" icon on the toolbar. An "insert image" dialog box will pop up. Paste the link in the box and hit OK.

Anyways, with your post in mind, while on the phone with my favorite Weber CSR I asked about situations such as yours as it had me kind of curious. We played some hypotheticals and I then used your situation of needing a replacement firebox for a Summit 450 and your being told that it wasn't available from Weber. She asked me to hold on for a sec while she looked into it then she came back and said someone must have been mistaken.

I'm PM'ing her contact information to you. I think it would definitely be worth giving her a call.

Sorry for the delay in replying. The grill is dismantled, but here is a pic of my manifold. The serial is on the bottom of the manifold, just to the left of the ignition module.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/420jq4sb87ksvyl/2014-09-16 07.43.02.jpg?dl=0

The sticker on the outside is missing the serial portion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4iv0buopbql4shx/2014-09-14 20.10.03.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

Those parts should not have been made from porcelain coated steel in the first place. If you do decide to make a new one from stainless, it's not difficult because it doesn't have to be perfect or pretty. I wish RCPlanebuyer would remake these pieces in 304 (or 316!) stainless.

If you go to page 2 of this thread you can see my scab pieces in place.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?46352-Summit-S-650-dilemma

Last edited:
Wow thanks it would be wonderful if I could find one (even if I have to buy it) as I'm sure it would be cheaper and easier than finding someone to make it. I do love that old Summit. So much so I might even part with my Wolf!

Rust damage to Summit 450

ry%3D400

Wow I got this photo in but really why is this board so difficult?! What a total PIA. Can't it be set up to simply drag and drop right into a post like other boards?!

Wow I got this photo in but really why is this board so difficult?! What a total PIA. Can't it be set up to simply drag and drop right into a post like other boards?!
It is actually not that complicated once you get the hang of it, I use Photobucket and I copy the image link directly from the Photobucket app and paste it here with either my iPhone or iPad, I'm pretty sure it is the same with droid tablets and phones.

I don't understand how the top of the line Summit has sheetmetal parts on the cookbox, while the lower model Genesis has a one piece aluminum casting. My Genesis silver B that I rehabbed in 2009 will seemingly last forever with minimal maintenance. Very disappointed.

Does anyone know the largest weber model with a cast aluminum cookbox? It appears it would be the current Genesis line.

Last edited:
Thought I'd give an update on the fire box. Contacted Weber, talked to a real nice person there, and after talking to her to find the part I needed and emailing her a pic of the problem while we were on the phone, she's sending me a new fire box, no charge. Should have it in a couple weeks. Then I can rebuild this rig. I'm happy.:)

Since I'm here, what's the best way to clean the plastic side tables?

Thought I'd give an update on the fire box. Contacted Weber, talked to a real nice person there, and after talking to her to find the part I needed and emailing her a pic of the problem while we were on the phone, she's sending me a new fire box, no charge. Should have it in a couple weeks. Then I can rebuild this rig. I'm happy.:)

Since I'm here, what's the best way to clean the plastic side tables?

Sweet deal Nate! For the side tables, I'd start with some Dawn dish detergent. Would be awfully tempted to just slather some on right out of the bottle and let it work for a while.

Glad Weber came through Nate! Hate to be the one to point this out though, it looks like they sent you the wrong lower firebox. That one appears to be for a Summit Gold D which has the opening for the infrared burner on back.

Back