Weber discount question.

DK Smith

TVWBB Fan
Not sure if this is the best forum for this but here goes...

I have a WSM on my wedding registry.
Sadly it doesn't look like anyone is going to purchase it for me.
But, I put it on there mainly because for everything that is not bought the company (Target in this instance) gives 20% off. I even called customer service and double checked and they swear up and down it goes for everything.

However, I was under the impression that Weber products simply don't get 'significantly' discounted. Is this true? Should I be worried that Target retracts the discount just for the WSM?

A 20% discount for my big WSM would save me about $80.00. That seems like it would cut big time into Target's profit. Anyone know how much Weber retailers cuts are?

I didn't know that Target sold the WSM? But more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS are in oder.

And Welcome!

Mark

Yep target sure does.

Is it bad I am more excited about the WSM than getting married?
(kidding- sort of)

I wish I would of just coughed up the extra $80 bucks and have my WSM now. For 6 months I look for it every day when I get home from work. I recommend not putting one on your registry this is miserable.

Yes, Weber equipment can be discounted. I have bought both of my Webers (WSM and Q200) at a discount.

Target cleared out the Sprit gasser a few months ago at a discount, and the store manager offered me 10% off on top of the clearance price for a floor model. I ended up buying the Q200 instead of the Spirit.

You may want to check with your Target to find out of the WSM is a year-round item or just seasonal. Now is the time of year when most department stores stop carrying grills. I don't know if Target will clearance grills at a reduced price or if they just ship overstock back to the warehouse.

cool beans thanx for the help guys.

This seems like a great way to get good deals on things like WSMs that just dont go on sale very much. Looks like I'll be getting a 22 WSM for $320.00. Take note if you are looking to get married soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dksmith17:
cool beans thanx for the help guys.

This seems like a great way to get good deals on things like WSMs that just dont go on sale very much. Looks like I'll be getting a 22 WSM for $320.00. Take note if you are looking to get married soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What an idea!!! $320 for a WSM, 5-10k for a nice wedding, 5k for a honeymoon, and 20 yrs of marital bliss. Oh WAIT, my lovely wife may have something to say about this
icon_eek.gif

The 22" was on Amazon briefly about a year ago for $305, so there's some pretty good markup in there somewhere.

Honestly, not much mark up on any appliance, whether indoors/outdoors. Price isn't everything.

I sell and love Weber products and sell it more for the love of the BBQ and getting to know/talking to the folks who use it than the profit margin.

I could go on and on and have erased most of what I would have posted. In short I would rather buy something from an independent/family business than the mass merchants/big boxes and have many times.

My $.02 and philosophy on life.

Oh yea, didn't mean to be such a dooper/downer. Congrats on the wedding and enjoy the WSM it is great!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Funny I was thinking about how weddings "force" you into using chains just recently and how bad it is. Chains aren't my choice, heck I refuse to even shop at them if I can, but in certain situations (like wedding registrys) or hard to find items they are almost forced upon you.

Also, there really isn't a 'local' place I can get a WSM within a 2 hour drive. And I would have to hunt to find them and am not familiar with them. It just seems like Webers and possibly local Weber dealers are just a lot more popular in South California. I hunt around Craigslist constantly and it seems like good deals are everywhere to be found in So Cal. Meanwhile here in NC I would be driving 2+ hours for a chance at a WSM off of Criaglist. And even that opportunity would pop up maybe once every couple months. Different locations just require different shopping habits.

Totally understand. When I got married a couple years back, we had to do the same thing (chain store). Just had something creep up on me yesterday that I needed to vent out.

Show us pics of that 1st smoke!! And Enjoy
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back