CL buy , need advice. Weber Genesis Silver C

Steve B from NY

I just picked up a silver c green. It has the open frame. In great shape, stainless grates and bars, everything in excellent condition. I will need new warming racks but i hardly use them so not urgent. I paid $80.

One problem it is NG and I need a propane grill. Running a NG line is not an option as where I am putting this grill NG is not available.

What are my options?

I found a propane manifold and regulator on the internets for about $100 shipped.

Any other way cheaper to get propane conversion up and running?

Also if I do buy the manifold conversion are there any other parts I will need?

One more question: is bar keepers friend okay to clean it up? Last time I picked up a red head 2 burner off of CL , I used a degreaser that worked well , but since I found out that is not recommended on Webers.

Thanks

Steve I would do a search as this question has been asked before only I do not remember all the right things to tell you. I do beleive that once you change out the manifold and regulator you are good to go, bar keepers is one of the many good cleaners to use, cleaning one up can be searched also. Outside surfaces keep it mild you can go stronger on the cooking box area,

You can probably cover the cost of the manifold by selling the NG manifold as most people make the switch from propane to NG not the other way around.

Originally posted by Steve B from NY:
Thanks Kevin

Not sure where I will hang the tank after converting

I wonder if you can get the stock bottle hanger from Weber, or on EBAY. Or just another CL find for parts.

Originally posted by James Trapp:
You can probably cover the cost of the manifold by selling the NG manifold as most people make the switch from propane to NG not the other way around.

Thanks for the idea. I had not thought of it, maybe I can sell it to somebody on this site, as I do not like the evolution eBay went under . It is no longer a good place to sell things for "regular" people. Maybe I'll put it on CL.

Can I just unscrew the NG fitting from the manifold and attach a propane fitting /propane line/regulator ?

Or is there a reason this would not work?

Back