SS Grates for the E-3XX Genesis Grills - Amazon Warehouse Option

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
As some of you know I'm fixing up a Genesis that needs a lot of work, one being the grates. Even though this will be a grill I plan to keep, I don't want to dump a ton of money into it. As I was searching for new SS grates, one of the options I was considering was the QuliMetal stainless steel grates. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07DVPFN8Q/tvwb-20

Normally these run $59.99 and I was scrolling down the product page and noticed a section that said "Buy this product as Renewed and save $22.45 from the regular price." I was a little confused because the product description matched the SS grates I mentioned above, but the product picture was for flavor bars.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07SN5QMYC/tvwb-20

I took a chance and ordered a set and paid $36.95 for mine, they are slightly higher on the page today, not sure how that works. They arrived yesterday and appear to be a brand new set that someone likely returned to Amazon. Guess Amazon just has a bad product photo.

No signs of heat or anything. One of the grates was a little tilted, but I just banged the edge a few times and it went back to square. I'm sure it just got thrown around during shipping.

Anyways, figured I'd let you guys know about this option, especially those of you that flip grills regularly. Might be a good way to save some money.

img_0895.jpg

img_0896.jpg

img_0897.jpg

img_0899.jpg

I have a set of these as well. Paid about $25 for the set two years ago when they were on sale. But I have never seen that option to buy renewed for a product on Amazon. Need to pay attention to that in case I see it for other products.

Yup Bruce I bought around the same time you did think I paid 30 bucks, the first set had some slight damage so they told me to keep it and sent me a new set. I just put the set in the Silver C last weekend my 1000 went to my daughter finally and that had the BBQ Stainless Stamped Grates which quite honestly were fine. I like them and the 2nd set just needs a bit of a tap to straighten out one of the rails but is on the end so really its no big deal.

My firebox is pretty true so front to back gap has not been the slightest problem.

Qlimetal makes really good products. I bought a set of grates on a similar Amazon returned item deal and was very happy as well.

As some of you know I'm fixing up a Genesis that needs a lot of work, one being the grates. Even though this will be a grill I plan to keep, I don't want to dump a ton of money into it.
As I was searching for new SS grates, one of the options I was considering was the QuliMetal stainless steel grates. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07DVPFN8Q/tvwb-20

Normally these run $59.99 and I was scrolling down the product page and noticed a section that said "Buy this product as Renewed and save $22.45 from the regular price."
Anyways, figured I'd let you guys know about this option, especially those of you that flip grills regularly. Might be a good way to save some money.

I just looked up qulimetal for the Genesis 1xxx and the discount for the renewed option is a whopping $3.27!

J at 59 bucks its still a great deal that's Amazon hit it lucky one day and I have before like Kyle you have to jump on it. Totally agree that for $3.27 would pay the 59 bucks but Kyle got an awesome deal at the price he paid buy 3.5 sets of those or one set of RC's as usual trying to stir things up. :cool: At the price he paid of course.

I just looked up qulimetal for the Genesis 1xxx and the discount for the renewed option is a whopping $3.27!

I'm not sure how Amazon comes up with their pricing for returned warehouse items. If the price difference was only $3-4 between renewed and new then I'd just go new for sure

Back