Thread: Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter

TVWBB Super Fan

Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter

This is what DH wants for dinner tonight. Goody, that means I am having SHRIMP!!!!!

Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter

2 (1 1/2"thick) T-Bone Steak
    2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. black pepper

BUTTER:

1/2 cup butter, softened
    2 TB. whiskey
    1 TB. white wine vinegar
    1 TB. Worcestershire sauce
    2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Bring grill to medium heat

Cover both sides of your room-temperature steaks with salt and pepper. Put steaks on grill and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, flipping once.

For butter, mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Pack into a bowl using wax paper, cover and chill until your ready to serve.

Source: The Official John Wayne Way To Grill - Great Stories & Manly Meals Shared by Duke's Family - pub. 2015
    Last edited by Joan; 12-19-2019 at 02:10 PM.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I have a whole shelf of J.W. books, huge fan as is my wife’s son! That book has not been added to the collection...yet!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    I have a whole shelf of J.W. books, huge fan as is my wife’s son! That book has not been added to the collection...yet!
    You just made a fan for life. DH is a big fan of John Wayne also. He is out in the kitchen working on his steak now as I type. Will let you know the results in a while.

Till you get your own book, I will be happy to share mine with you. If you want any more J. W. recipes, just let me know.
    Last edited by Joan; 12-19-2019 at 02:58 PM.

TVWBB Super Fan
    WOW!!!! DH said his steak was EXCELLANT!!!!!! And he has enough butter left over for another steak.

Thanks Joan, too busy for much experimenting no matter how much I might want to!
    I do enjoy most things “Duke”, I have ten JW coffee mugs, four pocket knives, who knows how much other “stuff” I’ve collected! My wife’s son is equally addicted to things “JW”.
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Thanks Joan, too busy for much experimenting no matter how much I might want to!
    I do enjoy most things “Duke”, I have ten JW coffee mugs, four pocket knives, who knows how much other “stuff” I’ve collected! My wife’s son is equally addicted to things “JW”.
    Sounds like a very nice collection. When you have the time, I would love to know what some of your J.W. books are.

Maybe this weekend