Color Blind glasses

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I know this is left field, but that is why it is in the "Just Conversation" section.

I am color blind (Red-Green) and I am considering letting the wife get me a pair of color blind glasses for Christmas. The most popular are the Enchroma brand but they are about $300 a pair. There are others. Another brand is about $100 per pair and they get some decent reviews.

I like to ask questions about stuff like this on an unrelated forum so I can get objective responses. So, here goes.
Is anyone on here color blind? If so, did you ever try glasses? If so, how did they work for you and would you recommend them to others?

I see a bunch of videos on line with people trying them on and many times they start to cry because they are overwhelmed. It makes me wonder just what I am missing out on.

Thoughts???

My wife claims I am color blind but, we simply see color differently.
I have worked art material world and dealt with some very subtle color shade and value dynamics, it’s very subjective.
Can you do a trial period? You might cry or, you might just say “Wow”!

This was a topic on the radio the other day.
They kept talking about how expensive they were,
but never said exactly how much.
I was expecting these to be in the $1000's,
not a few hundred or less.

Bruce:

There was a CBS segment about a week ago about a student getting a pair of glasses to let him see things in color for the first time. His teacher also is colorblind. You might be able to find that piece in a search of the CBS site. Good luck. My wife is telling me I'm beginning to be colorblind for certain colors. Not sure I buy that one. My car still seems the same shade of blue and my frequent skin dings still drip red blood. I just found the link. EnChroma is the company and the price is around the $350.

Last edited:
I probably will. I am just wondering if I will go with the Enchroma ($300) a pair glasses that seem to get the best reviews across the web or if I should go with a cheaper pair like the Pilestone glasses that are more like $100 per pair but don't get quite as good of reviews.

I probably will. I am just wondering if I will go with the Enchroma ($300) a pair glasses that seem to get the best reviews across the web or if I should go with a cheaper pair like the Pilestone glasses that are more like $100 per pair but don't get quite as good of reviews.

Too bad u cant try them in person, wish i could help u choose. Only exp i have with colorblindness is an old friends friend who used to work for me. They both worked for Honeywell and There were always false alarms the first night. Im afraid they've both passed away.

Last edited:
Bruce, Buy quality and buy once. Again, this is only my opinion, but these are your eyes and the way you will view the world.
Good luck,
Tim

Think I'd check with my optometrist. Seems if anyone would know the skinny, they would.

Amazon has a very liberal return policy that always favors the buyers, according to a friend/manufacturer/seller there. He says his chips can be damaged by improper installation, the packaging doesn't even have to be with the product, they always take it back. Not saying anyone should abuse the policy, just be careful and a return should be possible if the glasses are available there.

MikaelB: That was a good article and I have read similar ones on the web.
Kelly: I believe they already have a 60 day full refund policy on them with the companies themselves. So, yah, that might be enough to get me to try them out and if they don't do anything or not enough, then yah, I can just send them back for a refund.

I was hoping some one here would have personally tried them since about 8% of the male population has colorblindness.

Back