Woodard Weber grill cart

Wow!

That is actually NOT a Woodard cart which was sold privately and not by Weber. That is a SEVILLE! Sold by Weber back in 1967. Amazingly, it looks like the original kettle and maybe even the ash pan. The kettle may have been painted, but just as likely is merely faded. There are fans on the Weber Kettle Club who would jump all over that one. Easily flipped for a lot more than the asking price.

I thought Woodard made the cart for the Seville?

I think it is painted because the damper is the same matte black. I wonder how difficult it would be to remove the paint? It looks like the handle is bent as well.

Looks like it’s sold already. Personally, I don’t care for the look. Rather have the thermoset table of a performer.

I suppose for a collector it would be a great find. But that wouldn't be something I would want to cook on personally.

I thought Woodard made the cart for the Seville?

I think it is painted because the damper is the same matte black. I wonder how difficult it would be to remove the paint? It looks like the handle is bent as well.

Yes, I believe Woodard did make the Seville cart for Weber. Weber actually sold it in there catalog, and there were some variations in the wheel size, etc. over time. The smaller cart for the 18" kettle and which included a place for a drop in wood cutting board was made by Woodard as well. It, however, was not sold by Weber but privately by Woodard. Based on the fact that the original kettles had no leg holders, it appears Weber cooperated and made those kettles especially for Woodard to sell with their carts.

Not that it matters anymore, but you can easily remove paint that has been applied to porcelain. Spray on some paint stripper and it will just wash right off.

Back