Aholes with wings

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So yesterday had come home from visiting dad and my very ill sister. It was about dusk to just about dark. I noticed a giant wild stalk of grass in a large planter my wife did not use this year in front of the house. So I decided to have a closer look and all the while, while I am on the phone with an old friend. Next thing I know is I feel FIRE in my arm and my left ankle. My poor friend doesn't know WTH is going on all he can hear is me yelling and jumping around. I hang up and get in the house and get benadryl on the areas. Noting little "holes" all over. Get a flashlight, go back out there the thing is filthy with yellow jackets buzzing around! Back in the garage and got a fresh can of spray brake clean solvent. Emptied that can on those little f^&kers. Damn I hate those things!

So yesterday had come home from visiting dad and my very ill sister. It was about dusk to just about dark. I noticed a giant wild stalk of grass in a large planter my wife did not use this year in front of the house. So I decided to have a closer look and all the while, while I am on the phone with an old friend. Next thing I know is I feel FIRE in my arm and my left ankle. My poor friend doesn't know WTH is going on all he can hear is me yelling and jumping around. I hang up and get in the house and get benadryl on the areas. Noting little "holes" all over. Get a flashlight, go back out there the thing is filthy with yellow jackets buzzing around! Back in the garage and got a fresh can of spray brake clean solvent. Emptied that can on those little f^&kers. Damn I hate those things!

I wondered the other day when my turn to be stung would come. I'm seeing a lot of them everywhere.

Emptied that can on those little f^&kers. Damn I hate those things!

+1 million

I just discovered a nest of them in our backyard in the ground. They were VERY aggressive, and chased me from the backyard to the front of the house.

I'm going out after dark tonight and emptying a whole can of whoop a** down that hole. Then piling a wheelbarrow full of dirt and rocks on top of it.

I just discovered a nest of them in our backyard in the ground. They were VERY aggressive, and chased me from the backyard to the front of the house.

My wife discovered them last year at our house. I covered the entrance with a glass bowl. They were dead a few days later.

A person can't help but run and flail their arms, but that's what makes them chase you.
If you see them before they attack, stand still, then back away slowly.
After 35 years as a land surveyor, I came across many yellowjacket's nests.

Oddly enough, I have never had a stinging encounter with the rascals, and I've happened upon them often. Course, I have been lucky enough to not disturb a nest yet.

Wasps, on the other hand, are another story.

Yellow jackets are simply a "breed" of wasp. Like mud dauber, paper wasp, cicada killer, etc.

Back