Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heater Meter case dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by JKalchik View Post
    I'll get dimensions and maybe a couple of pics tomorrow morning when I fire it up.

What style of smoker are you building?

DP Gravity Feed. You answered a couple questions for me over on Smoker Builder Forum .

Here's the build thread:

https://www.smokerbuilder.com/forums...p?f=149&t=7204

TVWBB Pro
    Ah, THOSE guys.....

This will make it easier... the pocket I built in just fits between the vertical frame members above the firebox with a square front opening, at least 4" deep. I did build a passthrough from the pocket into the cook chamber, sealed with silicon rubber pass through gaskets (actually Weber smoker pass throughs.)

TVWBB Pro
    And, in the harsh light of day.... beans are in, chicken goes in around 3, cauliflower goes in around 4, and dinner around 5.

HeaterMeter Pocket

Warning: That is a large file, I pulled straight from my phone.

The pocket is full width between frame members, and about 6" deep. I do put the power brick behind the HM, which does increase the depth requirements. I did add a right angle adapter to the power line, which helps with the width requirement. And in spite of the insulation behind it, that pocket does get rather warm. Not warm enough to start melting plastic, but you're not going to want to leave your bare hand on it for long.

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by JKalchik View Post
    And, in the harsh light of day.... beans are in, chicken goes in around 3, cauliflower goes in around 4, and dinner around 5.

HeaterMeter Pocket

Warning: That is a large file, I pulled straight from my phone.

The pocket is full width between frame members, and about 6" deep. I do put the power brick behind the HM, which does increase the depth requirements. I did add a right angle adapter to the power line, which helps with the width requirement. And in spite of the insulation behind it, that pocket does get rather warm. Not warm enough to start melting plastic, but you're not going to want to leave your bare hand on it for long.
    You need to paint that thing lol

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bostwick View Post
    You need to paint that thing lol
    Ya think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12