Chuckeye steak

Chuck eyes are great, very close to ribeye in taste and texture.
Like some ribeyes they can have a fair amount of connective tissue, for this reason I like to cook them a little closer to full medium, at least for me this seems to help.

ODbcqtISO_EXjn8I8L6n2C85tuhTM3Qa9yPqCo9MO1Q0Qvkho-a43T7UxPhRct4WqWBulE4A7s5SBbCt1nx-DrzPd3ebTyta4n_NcB-2MqrHdQS0Z6UXQoeipCYLfmR0iFZSK_VuzJnQI5enEWXjmsQay2LXWVUvh5__f5ziA2Qh3_fFEKTQXevAdg75P09eiq2P4SfmJrsvnm0f-DIfyzE1oc6kCLVS6J4E7IGz5uhkob62GkKJBJXij2nivIYSZSydaqhAbnpapPuob1khEbO-4bt_f8hdSPOaI6um_9cuJSP1rWx11PuwzNhxeSGlF_R4wIPFBh54r4lxIjtF3ixH4lw3ua86fMhiN6XatTgSL7JHOXsLnwgmZCfP0219F8icBPF0vrzyILbwk8KJ3KjLPRWsvrhXjZVO2qtTXWRsHvuhOPnOObkhMGnYHo5coWt74jE7cUp9He8JGjxVQiFUxTi-q_xX5g3HLFmxexEi5Bz78E-5bmMVXjK84pt-NrbhBkH_I4rnJn7A1oaPKr7mQFy8CEs4iUIsjakijEOnvEh9U4HGYJU-N38iY3ivnaVydyMoVhWRGGEkY3TIn_vlUXtJP-gYJYGkM5vLxScyIM93uw6BnA=w1344-h896-no

How do you know if your getting a chuckeye or just a slice of chuck roast and whats the difference if any?

Hi Corey, I only have one recipe that calls for a boneless Chuck-Eye Steak. 1 1l2 lbs. 3/4 to 1" thick. It says to "grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400) 7 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness." The recipe is a Southern Living mag. contest winner. It is called "Chimichurri Cheesteaks", a sandwich. If interested in the whole recipe, let me know and I will be happy to type it up for you.

Thankyou joan!!!!! I ended up buying a chuck roast. I was at Myer and ask the butcher what the difference is between a chuck roast and a chuck eye steak. He said a chuck a steak is a chuck roast that has been cut in half lengthwise top and bottom are separate

So how can you tell if your being sold a chuck eye steak or chuck steak as meijer was labeling chucks as chuck eyes

So how can you tell if your being sold a chuck eye steak or chuck steak as meijer was labeling chucks as chuck eyes

The chuck eye sits against the rib eye and looks similar or the same. The chuck steak is very lean. The grocery store I shop at has a very busy meat department and all of their steaks are hand cut and trimmed. Chuck eyes are fairly common - especially when rib eyes are on sale.
I like cooking chuck roast indirectly on a kettle and foiling with vegetables at the end of the cook.

Last edited:
It appears that you have a chuck eye roast, whole chuck eye roasts are what's cut into steaks.
Good price by the way.

Well first of all you "asked" how to cook a chuck-eye steak.
Next you "asked" how to tell the difference between a chuck-eye steak or a chuck steak.
Then you said you bought a chuck roast which is not a chuck-eye roast and now your asking the quote above?

Really, the only main SM I can get Chuck-eye steaks or roasts from is Meijer. They do a good job labeling the meat as such, so I don't understand what your problem is?

Tim

Well first of all you "asked" how to cook a chuck-eye steak.
Next you "asked" how to tell the difference between a chuck-eye steak or a chuck steak.
Then you said you bought a chuck roast which is not a chuck-eye roast and now your asking the quote above?

Really, the only main SM I can get Chuck-eye steaks or roasts from is Meijer. They do a good job labeling the meat as such, so I don't understand what your problem is?

Tim
Who said i have a problem??? My questions were answered

Back