What's the story on Holland Grills?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I already have too many projects and have gone down too many rabbit trails, but I saw this one for only $40. I remember seeing these from quite a ways back. I do know that they are not mega-high-heat searing machines but rather cook at a steady 400 with no flareups. Maybe more like convection cooking.

8CUBopM.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1341438532660991/

Anybody able to add more? Seems like a really great deal for $40, but maybe not.

I am not familiar with those. However, it is interesting to note the thermoset like tables.

Yeah, I hadn’t really noticed that. Looks like the same material.

The grates are more like a mesh. I doubt you really get strong grill marks:( at the single temperature these grills operate at. On the other hand, it does have a smoker box and I could see it doing good chicken and maybe other stuff you aren’t after sear marks on. Don’t see any rotisserie capabilities. In the past, at least, some people really raved about them. I know that new they aren’t cheap.

Basically they have a single/simple on/off burner. Not a lot of BTU either as like you said these are not high heat searing machines. Above the burner is a very thick "inverted" tent basically a very thick V shape of very heavy gauge steel. It is slightly angled to one side and on the side is a spigot with a bucket under it to drain off grease and or water. Some folks will put water in that area and the meat will steam/roast. They're very simple contraptions with no controls just on or off. They do have a smoke chip box as well. Food that comes off them is VERY good BTW. I have been to a number of demos at dealers (good way to get free eats) and have tasted a number of different things (beef roast, ribs, chicken, steak, etc) all very nice, tender and moist but not highly "caramelized" on the outside though certainly not unappealing either

If I had unlimited room, for 40 bucks it would be a fun addition to an ultimate grill collection - if for no other reason because it is unique. Based on the pictures it looks ready to go as a keeper. With a little work could look almost new outside. Even so, I don't think it has a very good flip potential.

Back