igniter boxes

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I am curious. I need to replace the collector boxes and ceramic igniter assemblies in my Summit 450 to get it ready to sell. Oddly I can not seem to find ONLY the collector box/igniter without the clicker. Weber and others only seem to sell the whole kit. Those clickers never wear out and I don't want to buy them. It makes the cost of doing it about $40! Does anyone have a source for only the box with the ceramic igniter like they used to sell? I don't care if it is OEM or not. The grill is going to be sold anyway

Larry, I made this complaint a while back. If weber or even a third party would make and sell just the collector, it would be great. 99% of the time, when an igniter goes bad it is the collector box on the older Genesis grills. I don't know how well the ceramic ones hold up, but on the grills I have rehabbed, I have never needed to replace one. Does the summit use the same kind of ceramic electrodes as the Genesis E3xx grills?

I would think they could be made and sold for $3 or so and the seller would still make a nice profit.

Good luck finding them for the Summit

So I am curious. I need to replace the collector boxes and ceramic igniter assemblies in my Summit 450 to get it ready to sell. Oddly I can not seem to find ONLY the collector box/igniter without the clicker. Weber and others only seem to sell the whole kit. Those clickers never wear out and I don't want to buy them. It makes the cost of doing it about $40! Does anyone have a source for only the box with the ceramic igniter like they used to sell? I don't care if it is OEM or not. The grill is going to be sold anyway

If the wires are also in good shape, wouldn't 2 of these work ?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014HET1HC/?tag=TVWB-20

Larry, depending on how many you are ordering, it might be cheaper just to buy them and HD for $11.00 for the whole thing.

Back