Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally got the Q320 going

Too bad they didn't make a locking bar with casters. Step on a pedal move the grill unlock the pedal and casters retract grill level and stationary. While the size is very convenient and the performance is outstanding the ergonomics of moving it leave so much to be desired. It's damn heavy and awkward

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    Too bad they didn't make a locking bar with casters. Step on a pedal move the grill unlock the pedal and casters retract grill level and stationary. While the size is very convenient and the performance is outstanding the ergonomics of moving it leave so much to be desired. It's damn heavy and awkward
    I just picked up an old Q320 and totally agree on moving the thing around. I was wondering if I missed something as I keep wanting to pull it by the side table and it keeps popping up and out. I'm thinking is there an easier way, or what were they smoking when they came up with the design? Maybe retrofitting some larger wheels and then have room for some smaller ones on the other side? Just thinking out loud.
    Joe

I just found this video of a guy adding a second set of wheels. https://youtu.be/6kvmUrssJZw

I have thought about exactly something like that BUT if you're anal like me about being "level" that would make me nuts. In order to accomplish what that guy did his grill is always about 3/4" off level from side to side. Maybe for some not a big thing but for me total aggravation which is why I would want it to be able to "flip" down, be able to move the grill around and flip back up so grill is locked, stable and level

Larry, I would probably be stressed over the slant as well. However I can think of a couple of solutions. First, you could cut about 3/4" off the plastic leg bottoms. Second, you could find yourself a couple of the larger grill wheels for the other side to compensate. I think a standard Silver B, genesis 1000 wheel is a little taller than the Q3xx wheels. For stability, you would then want to get caster wheels on the other side that have the locks on them.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Oh I know it, but I am so busy that is not a priority for me. I've never even gotten to putting together a side burner for that 2000 you found for me, or even doing much more than converting it to NG and using it

Oh, you converted it to NG?
    I have a Genesis 1000-5000 NG manifold and hose if anyone else is looking to convert from propane to NG.

COuld definitely use the manifold. I did my conversion "quick and dirty" (I did not modify the valves) so I have to be cautious when trying to do a low/slow cook. Having a true NG manifold would be nice Remember do as I say not as I do. And, for others wondering............................I have had some scary flameouts but thankfully no kabooms. Only because I forget it's not a true NG grill and have had the burner(s) go out on me. In particular the center burner seems the most sensitive

Well, let me know if you get up this way. Maybe we can work something out. Ishnala's is nice this time of year.

I am going to Ishnala next Monday (the 16th) meeting an old friend I have been besties with since 7th grade (1963). Not sure what time we'll be getting there. But it will be in mid afternoon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast