Newer Spirit e310? for $25. Not sure it is worth it

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
This one is for sale. Newer model Spirit for $25. Looked at it. Somehow the grill was smashed into a corner. The firebox is slightly bent inside and the hinge broke off at the hood. Meaning the left side panel of the hood needs to be replaced and the firebox be bent out again so it lines up with the hood to put the pin through. And i am not sure the firebox can be bent back without breaking it. On top of that the grates are shot and so are the flavorizer bars. As parts I guess I would need to spend at least $120-$130? Plus lots of labor since this grill is a mess inside the firebox. Looks like it was never cleaned.
The cabinet looks solid. Could not see any rust. Just a little on the door. Right now I have decided not to buy it. Seems to much work and $ to put into.
http://app.5miles.us/qj5x4uO

If the firebox is damaged, I would write this one off unless you are interested in restoring others and want the other parts.

If you flip grills, it would be hard for this not to be worth $25. Even if it is mostly junk, all you have to do is scavenge one part off of it and you are even or better. They don't offer extra pictures of the inside of the grill or the cabinet. So, it is hard to say if the grill is salvageable, but it looks pretty decent in the one picture. If it is close, it might be worth the drive to check it out.

If you flip grills, it would be hard for this not to be worth $25. Even if it is mostly junk, all you have to do is scavenge one part off of it and you are even or better. They don't offer extra pictures of the inside of the grill or the cabinet. So, it is hard to say if the grill is salvageable, but it looks pretty decent in the one picture. If it is close, it might be worth the drive to check it out.
I checked it out. Firebox and cabinet look good. But I don’t know how much the side frame of the hood will cost me. Plus I am concerned trying to bend back a cast aluminum firebox. That stuff breaks to fast. And the inside of the firebox was a mess and I never worked with these front control grills.
Yes as parts it maybe worth it it. But I cannot store parts of every possible Weber grill. On these old east west burner grills most parts fit for years. Not so sure about the new ones.

Last edited:
So, is the firebox "bent" or warped? If so, then pass on it. Why does it need new end caps for the hood? If one of those is toast, then a replacement would be too expensive to buy outright. You would be better off finding a donor grill. It sounds like this grill isn't a good candidate for you to rehab. I am doing my first front burner grill now (Genesis E310) and it was a bit foreign to me at first, but after taking it all apart and cleaning it all up, it isn't a big deal. I was kind of leary about it at first too. In fact, I was kind of leary about doing any grills after the Genesis Silver/gold/platinum generation. But I am good now and wouldn't hesitate to grab a newer grill for rehabbing now.

So, is the firebox "bent" or warped? If so, then pass on it. Why does it need new end caps for the hood? If one of those is toast, then a replacement would be too expensive to buy outright. You would be better off finding a donor grill. It sounds like this grill isn't a good candidate for you to rehab. I am doing my first front burner grill now (Genesis E310) and it was a bit foreign to me at first, but after taking it all apart and cleaning it all up, it isn't a big deal. I was kind of leary about it at first too. In fact, I was kind of leary about doing any grills after the Genesis Silver/gold/platinum generation. But I am good now and wouldn't hesitate to grab a newer grill for rehabbing now.
Sorry I did not take a picture. The firebox is bent inwards about 1/4” deep from about 1.5” to 2” of the corner. And on the hood the mout broke off because of that increased angle inwards. Meaning the hood needs a new side panel. But the firebox needs to be bent outwards again. Otherwise the hood cannot be fastened to the firebox because it is not straight.

If the current owner is the original one he may be able to warranty the firebox depending on the age of it. Not 100% sure on Spirits but the Genesis firebox's were warranted for a very long time. If thats the case could it be worth asking him to do that and offering more than he's currently asking after the new part arrives?

Steve has a great point. But, if the current owner never registered it, there is nothing stopping a new owner from registering it and making the warranty claim themselves.

But, as it sits, it is nothing more than a parts grill.

Steve has a great point. But, if the current owner never registered it, there is nothing stopping a new owner from registering it and making the warranty claim themselves.

But, as it sits, it is nothing more than a parts grill.
Not sure this is a warranty claim. It looks more like a brute force incident with the grill being smashed somehow. Maybe falling on its back. I cannot imagine how to bend a firebox that bad.

Back