The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to get my temperatures up

Ok so the newer ones have a deeper water pan compared to the shallow pan on my 08. Weber likes to re-purpose parts and on the older ones they used the lid from a SJ, but after some minor complaints about adding water they switched to the deeper SJ charcoal bowl.
    That might have something to do with air-flow, but i dunno. Maybe switching to a shallower deflector, drip pan might help.
    I wouldn't use a terra cota or pizza stone cause that's a sink and you already have problems getting temps up.
    And may I ask how are you measuring temps? Reason I ask is the built in therm has been known to read 50-60 degs cooler at the beginning of a cook.
    I like to measure @ the top vent with a turkey fryer therm or a remote. It's always consistent between 12-15 degrees higher than top grate.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Door prop with binder clip is working well, getting 250 275 pretty well. Thank you

I added two more top vents to the lid. That did the trick for me. I can get both the 18 and 22 up to 400 plus easy. Oh and no water in the pan...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12