Genesis JR

DennisSloand

I have the ability to get a Genesis JR for $20. Is it worth it? It appears getting parts will be hard. Thoughts please? Note I have Genesis 1000 redhead to rehab too

I say for $20 go for it! I always loved the smaller JRs. There are several here who made their own burner tubes after the original had rusted out.

Post some pics for us too.

Jeff

My understanding is that no burners are available for that model. So unless you are handy enough to make your own it might not be worth it. If you want a smaller two burner I've read on here that the genesis A is a much better grill as compared to the Jr. I have one (genesis A) and I really like it.

Sorry, but IMO the Genesis Jr. is kind of a turd in the swimming pool. Just like the old kettle gasser. Never took off, no parts, (at least in the case of the kettle) a real dog performance wise. Much better to look for a Silver A or an older Spirit 2 burner than the Jr. Yes even for $20 (heck even for free)

Even the 2006-2007 Spirit E210 that is more or less the same as the '05 Silver A would be a better choice -> I see those 2-burners given away for free or close to free quite frequently.

That being said, If I saw a JR for $20 locally, I'd probably bring it home.

I might do it too depending on the shape of those hard to get parts. There's no real value in it or than they are just kind of cool and to mess with it for fun.

Thanks, this is what I thought. I am going to pass on it, not worth plus it is a 1+hour drive away. Like I said I have a 1000 to rehab now.

Concentrate on the 1000. You will be happy when you get it done and working.

Back