Hurricane Irma

John Bostwick

TVWBB Wizard
For those that don't know, Byran lives in Florida and so I just hope he and his family, including everybody else in Florida, stays safe.

I would believe any orders for heatermeter kits may be delayed, some. Not sure how much Tampa will be effected by the hurricane.

Anyways, If you read this, Byran, put down the computer, heatermeter, 3d printer, unless you are putting them into your car, and get the hell away from Irma.

Last edited:
Hey thanks so much guys! I was actually just coming to make a post letting everyone know where I have been and why I may be out of touch for a little bit. I am in Tampa boarding up all the windows and making sure I have equal quantities of beer and fresh water on hand. My place has become a bit of a refugee camp for people being evacuated because I am at an elevation of like 12 feet and back a couple miles from the water.

Hope anyone else in the area is safe as well, and I'll be back real soon!

I am happy to say that Irma passed about 50 miles to the West of me and after it had already been downgraded a bit. We got 80mph sustained winds and 100mph gusts if my weather station can be believed. There's a ton of landscape damage but nothing that a day of yardwork can't fix. Power is returning everywhere around the bay area so things are getting back to normal and I think tomorrow or Thursday everyone will start forgetting it even happened. For such a powerful hurricane, I think Florida fared pretty well compared to what could have happened with such a monster, apart from the Keys. If anyone still affected reads this, I hope relief comes quickly to you and your lives can return to normal as quickly as possible.

I am happy to say that Irma passed about 50 miles to the West of me and after it had already been downgraded a bit. We got 80mph sustained winds and 100mph gusts if my weather station can be believed. There's a ton of landscape damage but nothing that a day of yardwork can't fix. Power is returning everywhere around the bay area so things are getting back to normal and I think tomorrow or Thursday everyone will start forgetting it even happened. For such a powerful hurricane, I think Florida fared pretty well compared to what could have happened with such a monster, apart from the Keys. If anyone still affected reads this, I hope relief comes quickly to you and your lives can return to normal as quickly as possible.

Glad you are good to go Bryan. We're still without power at my place, but God willing, we'll get it back soon!

I'm on the east coast of FL. No major damage. I did smoke some ribs I had in the fridge since I lost power for a few days, but without my HeaterMeter (because of the no power thing).

I'm a bit north east of Tampa, my place just had debris everywhere but no damage. My dads place had a tree fall and barely missed his house/bedroom, and he still had one of those big *** old school satellite dishes that the wind finally took down after all these years. No power for about 5 days or so which sucked, but still could've been way worse. Ended up smoking a few chickens so they didn't spoil during the power outtage.

Back