Propane Manifold screws

D Reiman

Currently restoring a Green Weber Genesis with the Durawood tables. While trying to clean the manifolds under the knobs, I stripped 2 screws and had to drill them out. The rest of the cleaning went great but was wondering if their is a known source for these to purchase? Didn't have any luck at lowes or Ace Hardware.

2nd issue: I Repainted the firebox with the flat black rustoleum high heat paint. Did a couple coats but the parts that were painted over bare aluminum are a slightly different black then the paint that went over the existing paint. Paint over the bare aluminum looks shinier and darker. Does this even out after I apply some heat or am I stuck with this until I decide to completely strip it and paint again? That proably won't be until the next restore after this paint job starts to flake.

Thanks

Probably going to have to completely strip and repaint. Otherwise, you could try letting the paint cure for a few more days and then add another coat. It is the cook box. One grilling and you will have stains and discolorations anyway. Another option might be to add a coat of the High Heat Ultra satin paint and then put another coat or two of the flat.

As far as the screws go, if those are the ones at the ends of the burner tubes, then, you should not have tried to remove them. They are not supposed to be removed. But since you did, just drill a new hold and use a machine screw to replace the old ones. If you are talking about the nuts and bolts holding the manifold to the cookbox, those were 7/16" x either 1.5" or 2" bolts. Drill out the old seized bolts that you likely twisted off and then replace with stainless steel nuts and bolts the same size. It is also a good idea to use some never seize to keep it from happening again.

thanks for the paint tips.

For the screws, I am talking about the tiny ones, maybe size #4 diameter that you have to take out to clean and regrease the ports the propane flows through. They are about a 1/2 inch long and very thin. Expecting it will be hard to find a replacement. So far was able to re-tighten on side enough to keep it tight.

Have you tried calling Weber? They are generally really helpful even if you aren't the original owner.

Currently restoring a Green Weber Genesis with the Durawood tables. While trying to clean the manifolds under the knobs, I stripped 2 screws and had to drill them out. The rest of the cleaning went great but was wondering if their is a known source for these to purchase? Didn't have any luck at lowes or Ace Hardware.

2nd issue: I Repainted the firebox with the flat black rustoleum high heat paint. Did a couple coats but the parts that were painted over bare aluminum are a slightly different black then the paint that went over the existing paint. Paint over the bare aluminum looks shinier and darker. Does this even out after I apply some heat or am I stuck with this until I decide to completely strip it and paint again? That proably won't be until the next restore after this paint job starts to flake.

Had the same problem a reason on the firebox they said just wire brush it and paint it, mine bad shape used the cup brush. Painted a few coats of the high heat flat looked great flipped it over to put a coat on the bottom so what the heck do another coat on the sides big mistake same issue you had looked awful. Tonight on the back 3 light coats of ultra looks great you have to like the added sheen and I do so staying with that.

Back