Newbie looking for basic information

Karl Tinsley

I am new to HeaterMeter but not to temp controllers or arduino/RPi/other electronics. I've had a BBQ Guru on my Big Green Egg for several years and have built several 3d printers, CNCs, and other electronic gizmos. Although I've had the Guru for a long time, I've often wanted to add a web interface, more probes, controllable damper, sous vide capability, and other things I've seen that folks have done with HeaterMeter.

So now I've taken the plunge and ordered the 4.3 kit with the thermocouple option, and ordered some probes from Thermoworks. I was looking at the wiki and reading through some of the threads here, but was wondering if there were any other sources that folks would recommend for learning the basics of HeaterMeter and its capabilities.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Basically it's just the wiki and here. I have a Facebook page devoted to the heatermeter, but I usually have not kept it updated as I should.

Congrats on taking the plunge, with your background it should be an easy launch for you....
Just dive in when you get your HM assembled, a lot of it will be straight forward, when you bump up against something you need help with just post a thread here and you'll get it worked out right away.

Welcome! The HeaterMeter provides the "Arduino" part in that it has an ATmega microcontroller installed as the brains of the temperature measuring and control operation. The Pi runs the datalogging and webserving and notification software, as well as some analysis.

Back