Couldn't rescue this sad Weber gasser

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this sad guy sitting on a busy street corner in San Jose. I pulled over to take a look. I thought I could rescue it, it was in pieces, only missing the grates, Flavorizer bars, and drip pan. It was a black Genesis Silver with end caps spray painted red. But alas, when it fell off someone's truck, the top right corner of the cast aluminum fire box where the lid hinges/connects was broken off, so no way to reattach the lid. Since I'm not in a position to collect parts and Frankenstein together complete gas grills, I had to leave it there. Sad.

iNV0JLA.jpg

It could become yard art for somebody, or more likely the scrappers will recycle it.

Way before I got into Webers and this fine forum, I had an ECB burger burners that we got at a discount from Lowe's because it had some rust on it from being chained up in front of the store. Long story short, it got blown over in a storm shortly after I got it, breaking the lid off just outside the hinges. I bought some L brackets and short bolts and nuts and reattached the lid. It was known thereafter as my Frankengrill!!

You can't save them all Chris.

I saw a Blue Weber Master Touch off the side of the road on Coast Hwy. in Huntington Beach the other day, swung back around to take a look at it.
It was wasted, must have fallen off a truck and hit by another car, no pictures as cars were whizzing by me at 50 Mph plus.;)

Warranty cover the lid??

haha just kidding.....poor thing....someone didn't love it enough to strap it down.....might as well leave your kid in the hatchback with not belt or child seat.....

I remember riding in my dad's Barracuda in the late 70's early 80's, staring out the back glass, watching the clouds or stars.....good times

Back