Table for a 26" Weber?

T Bounds

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey friends.

Does anyone have experience building a simple table that attaches to a 26" Weber? If so, might you show me a picture or two?

I'd like to build a table that is generally weatherproof, wood, that I can attach to my new Weber both for convenience and also for stability. I don't have the tools, knowledge or dollars to make one of the enviable carts or metal jobs I see occasionally on here. I'd just like a simple table, kind of like the old table Weber made for the 22" model. I need image and inspiration.

Thanks for any help.

I know what you mean, some of the builds here are closing in on grill ****!
It is not easy to design what you think you really want, you will second guess your decisions at every turn. Sit down and draw what you think you want and walk away from it for a day or so, see how you like it after a week. Make as many tweaks as you can think of, add as much space as you think you will need and bump it 10% you will not regret having more space.
I love building this kind of thing but, also lack space, tools and equipment. I'm lucky though, I have a friend of many years who is a very fine cabinet maker! Some times I borrow the shop and his expertise! It will work out.
Take your time. It will be worth it.

Tim,

That table is INCREDIBLY similar to the one I'm making now! I went with ipe wood, 3/4 by 5 1/2 inches, and have it five boards wide with a 1/8 gap. And after considering the rounding part, considering the brutal hardness of ipe, I went with the angled pieces (a dodecahedron 12 sided angle to be exact). I've finished the construction of the top and I'm getting some Rockler folding leg brackets to use with some 2x legs. And I'm creating an attachment to the handle to hold it steady to the grill but with a third leg underneath that part to keep the pressure off the handle. I'll have it finished in a week or two and post a picture. Crazy how similar they are!

We think the same, I like it!
My jig saw took a crap, and the saw-zall wasn't an option to cut a circle so I went with miter cuts. Square, 22.5 and a 45 with the waste cut to make it square.
I'm lookin forward to seeing the pics from Your build.:)

Tim

I just put a Keter Unity XL BBQ Storage Table next to my 26 and love it. Store all my wood and extras in there. Building a table would be fun though.

I just put a Keter Unity XL BBQ Storage Table next to my 26 and love it. Store all my wood and extras in there. Building a table would be fun though.

Like Tyson I just bought the Keter BBQ storage table for my 26. Love it. Much better than the weber side table ment for the 22 I had secured just to the handle before

Building the table for my "double barrel" set up (see avatar) was a ball but, I have a friend who is a cabinetmaker and was between paying projects so, a couple of afternoons we got together at his "well equipped" shop and built that. I know I could sway him to help me make another but, for the present, this will suit my purpose.
Would I LIKE to build another, you bet! I'd trick things out a little differently. I may still do some modification on mine.

5543167447_3db9180925_b.jpg

Before I built a table I used a SS Load King I got from work for free.
I like that rolling one linked up-thread, might have to look for one at the end of the year on clearance.:)

Tim

Back