Added a side-table and reinforced my third wheel on my OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hey all.
After a couple of years, the wire shelf that I used to hold my third wheel was starting to sag.
Enough to where the leg was beginning to drag on my driveway.
So I made a wood shelf out of of some T&G 2x6 D/ Fir, I had leftover from a couple of jobs, that was already treated with a clear coat non com poly stain.
I made the shelf tight enough so I only needed to add one screw at the forward leg. I also added 3 self tappers to secure the legs into the sockets for more stability.
The outside band was 1/16" x 1-1/2" ALUM FS, which was pre-drilled and counter-sunk.
The side table was made with the same material, along with a folding table leg.
I first attached to the handle bracket with a couple of ALUM L clips that I made, but I wasn't to happy with that route, so I reinstalled the plastic handle, and used 2 1" EMT straps to secure the table to the handle.
The plus side of that, is now I can also use it on my WSM.
icon_smile.gif

Here's some pics.

On Edit.. If anyone is interested in making a table out of whatever material you choose, the legs were purchased at HD for about $20.00. They come as a pair, so I just planed on making one for my sons kettle also.
In the first couple of photos the legs were used full size, but when I switched to the conduit straps I had to shorten the bottom of the legs by 1-3/4". I used a pipe cutter, but a hacksaw will do.

Tim

Thanks Gents!
Being a carpenter these days gives me a lot of free time to catch up on some projects that Ive been meaning to do.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Again, thank you.
icon_smile.gif

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back