Pork Ribs (cooked day before)

David Langh

Hi,

I am having a party and I plan on cooking the day before (this Friday). Actually on Saturday I have two parties I am cooking for!

I plan on cooking 8 racks of pork ribs. What is the best way to cook them and have them super moist and tender for a party the next day? I may have some time on Saturday morning to pop them in an oven.

suggestions on Method, temp, recipes?

Thanks

What is the best way to cook them and have them super moist and tender for a party the next day?
That's a tall order to say the least. If I were tasked to do this, I think I would braise them (majority of the cook wrapped in foil) that way when you do reheat and serve them, they might still have some moisture trapped in them. Like I said, that's a tough task that you want to accomplish

That's a tall order to say the least. If I were tasked to do this, I think I would braise them (majority of the cook wrapped in foil) that way when you do reheat and serve them, they might still have some moisture trapped in them. Like I said, that's a tough task that you want to accomplish

Hi,

When Ribs are foiled during the cook, when you reheat them later to you keep the ribs in the same foil? There is often alot of juices in the foil, if the ribs rest in the juice for hours after the cook is done is that a problem?

Or, after the cook do you remove the juice from the foil? and reheat the ribs in a dryer foil wrap?

thx

When Ribs are foiled during the cook, when you reheat them later to you keep the ribs in the same foil?
I would probably keep them in the foil and reheat them in the same foil. I've never done this, I'm only guessing. This is how I would do it, if tasked to do so, but I would be nervous, it's tough cook you're going to attempt

Hi,

Related to the same question. I have only ever cooked 2 racks of ribs, when I cook 8 racks at one time what is expected for time duration of the cook? do cooking times increase?

I'm not sure that the duration will increase due to quantity of racks, however some racks will finish before others. If indeed you go forward with the "braise" (foil cook) it might actually reduce the total cook time

Back