What size is this WSM?

steveD

TVWBB Fan
Is there a way to tell what size a WSM is based on the photo below? I am assuming it is 18", but could be 22" perhaps?

00707_2nVea9ND5ql_600x450.jpg

I am far from an expert but if I were forced to provide an answer I would choose 18" based on the fact that my current generation 22" has two handles on the lid.

18.5" design

Also, compare it to fence. Spacing should be 4". WSM looks a tad over 4 spacings.

Last edited:
I have not noticed one on my 22 nor 14... but it appears there is no thermometer port on the wsm shown in your photo and, so, I would therefore assume it to be an earlier generation.

There should be a two letter code on the top vent. As example, my WSM22 has a date code on the top vent of "AT". This code says it is a 2013 model WSM. If you are not sure, post a pick of the top vent and we should be able to help.

There should be a two letter code on the top vent. As example, my WSM22 has a date code on the top vent of "AT". This code says it is a 2013 model WSM. If you are not sure, post a pick of the top vent and we should be able to help.
Thanks, Bob! Are the WSM date codes the same as the kettle date codes?

Maybe it's the angle of the photo but it looks like the 14" WSM based on the rose bush next to it and the height next to the fence. Look closely to the reflection on the lid...

I am set to look at it (i.e. Pick it up as long as there aren't any surprises) at 7:30 tomorrow morning. The guy says he's used it less than a dozen times.

Back