What should I do?

John Bostwick

TVWBB Wizard
I ordered 2 Rpi's 3 and some servos before New years from Amazon Prime 2-day and the day that they were to be delivered, they never showed up at our door, even though it was marked as delivered.

I called Amazon and complained, I told them I was home all day outside smoking, and never saw the Amazon.com delivery van. The lady said to wait until after New years to see if they get delivered, so I did just that and on Tuesday night called back. The person refunded the amount, I told him I would reorder the same items again, as I needed them.

Once I recieved the funds I reordered, but the price was $6 more and I called again and complained that it was not my fault that their own Amazon delivery person failed to deliver my package. I shouldn't have to pay more then what the cost old have been if they had delivered. They should honor the price that I had last week. I also told them I could get the Rpi's from another vendor for $10 cheaper, then the $40 they were saying them for.

It took a bit of complaining until they gave me a $6 credit, lol.

I thought that was the end of this, as I recieved my order last Thursday. Well, today I recieve a package from one of the other tenets at our apartment complex, she said that it was delivered today to O4 and not Q4. I opened it up and found it contained 2 Rpi's and my servos.

What should I do with them, lol. Our apartment homes have 4 apartments in each building aND a few times since living here have had mail missing, mostly from the post office. This was the first time from Amazon, which I order quiet regularly. I guess I could send them back or not, lol.

I'd contact the seller. They'll probably issue you a return label and then you can send them back. This way the seller has a chance to recoup the refunded funds. If you plan to keep them, the seller should also be able to reverse the refund.

Amazon prime was the sender, and they returned the funds. The seller would have been able to recoup from amazon. This was not a UPS, FedEx, or regular postal.

Was it "sold and ships from Amazon" or sold by X, fulfilled by Amazon?

Either way, not sure what answer you're looking for. I think if you got a refund and the product showed up not too long after that you should make an attempt to let the seller know, but that's just one guy's opinion!

I have had something like this happen in the past. I contacted Amazon and told them the original finally showed up and asked them if I could just keep them at the original price. Amazon told me to keep them for the inconvenience at no charge.

I'd contact the seller. They'll probably issue you a return label and then you can send them back. This way the seller has a chance to recoup the refunded funds. If you plan to keep them, the seller should also be able to reverse the refund.

This is what I'd recommend also. The seller did right by you, now do right by them.

Back