Smash Burgers

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Ordered me a smasher last week and finally got a chance to try it out last night.

Thing works great forming the patties and help creating an awesome crust on the burgers. The trick is using a spatula with a sharp edge since the burger sort of bonds to the griddle top.

Topped the burgers with Colby Jack Cheese and also grilled some onions.

It was also my dog Leah's birthday first birthday the day before so I made here a "cake" and got her a small present.

Smash Burgers look great John! Heck, I'd eat Leah's burger/cake too. Very nice. Where'd you get your smasher? Is that a Ballistic BBQ offering? I've been using my Burger Pocket Press and I'd like something heavier.

Burgers look great John. With that monster on top of the burger no doubt it would stick to the griddle;) Barb makes a smash onion burger that's super good, I just use a big old brick wrapped in tin foil.
Leah sure is a gorgeous golden. Until we adopted Whitney (she is part golden) Barb and I have had purebred goldens for the last 33 years, wonderful dogs.

John, that burger looks delicious but I have to say Leah burger is awesome. She is a gorgeous golden looks a lot like our sons golden.
Please give Leah a big hug for me.

Nice job on the burgers John - they look pretty close to perfect. What is that you are cooking them on? Leah looks like she loves her cake but I bet she'd eat a burger too...

Regards,

John

John, smash burgers are always a hit at our house, but I have always had to use a small terra cotta tray as my press! Guess who's is gonna leave to the craycort website!!! You are spot on with the tip about the beveled edged spatula. It only took once to realize it makes a huge difference when you try to flip the burgers!!
Great looking burgers, and cake as well!
Tim

Have never tried a smash burger before, but yours sure look great John. Leah looks like she had no complaints about her gift either!

Happy belated birthday Leah. Hey John, your Golden will quit being a puppy in about 3 more years, LOL

Back