Weber Pocket Thermometer

Marcus Brannon

TVWBB Fan
The other week I was at Meijer and they had some Weber accessories on clearance. I picked up this thermometer for only $6 (regular $24.99). I own the iGrill Mini, an iGrill 2 and a Polder instant thermometer. I was curious how this would compare to the Polder

The manual says it can take 15 seconds to register the temp, but in my use it seemed to be much quicker. Although not instant, it was accurate, at least compared to my other thermometers. I tested it while smoking a pork shoulder. The only thing I dislike about it is the battery is a watch type button cell. Would rather it be something that you tend to have on hand.

All in all, I feel like it's worth $25. It may not be a thermapen, but I feel like it's a decent second thermometer to have on hand. I like it better than the Polder, although the Polder is faster. The Polder has a built in temp. guide for different types of meat and doneness.. but it's got some crazy settings for some of them and it always beeps at me. I'd rather it just tell me the temp and be quiet, and that's what the Weber does!

GA3a3bl.jpg

Marcus, I was at the dollar store the other day and they have those watch batteries for real cheap. I grabbed a few of the size we use in a couple of gadgets.

Nice buy on the thermo.

Double check the date when you buy ANY button type battery. I bought a card of one size and by the end of about six months half of them had started to leak and were no blessed good. Cheap is one thing, crappy is another.
Get ONE spare at a time, put it in the proverbial cool dry place and date when you bought it, after a year, recycle it and get fresh.
I've spent years changing watch batteries in jewelry stores, we always dated the day we got the shipment. It makes for less headache in the long run.

Double check the date when you buy ANY button type battery. I bought a card of one size and by the end of about six months half of them had started to leak and were no blessed good. Cheap is one thing, crappy is another.
Get ONE spare at a time, put it in the proverbial cool dry place and date when you bought it, after a year, recycle it and get fresh.
I've spent years changing watch batteries in jewelry stores, we always dated the day we got the shipment. It makes for less headache in the long run.

Great point Tim!

Back