Smoking bone marrow slices

Dan.Trainor

I've always wanted to marrow, and now the time has come.

I picked up some good quality (but still frozen..) marrow bones from a new butcher down the street. They're sliced short, not lengthwise, from 1.5"-2" thick.

The plan is just to put them in an aluminum pan on the top rack and see how good they'll turn out with just some salt and pepper.

I was wondering if anyone has ever done it like this before. Specifically, laying them down in a manner which would prohibit the application of a generous amount of smoke on the bottom.

Surely they'll turn out fine either way, but since I'm bored today, I thought I'd pop on and ask if anyone has taken this approach before.

I did in fact search the forums and saw lots of good recipes for marrow burgers and pattes, but it's the cooking method I'm most concerned with, not necessarily the end product.

Thanks!
-dant

hey dan

i think theyll come out fine that way. ive done matrrow bones on the wsm and then used them in meat sauce and i think you get enough smoke on them in a pan like that. id say go for it.

Thanks for the boost of confidence, Frank. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've never made a Prime brisket before. Found a good deal on a 9lb whole packer Prime brisket the other day, and it's going on tonight at 12AM sharp, with some short ribs and these marrow slices.

Back