2012 Genesis S-310 Hood discoloration

MARoan

TVWBB Member
Needed some extra space and like the stainless look, I decided it was time to let go of my Spirit E-310. I just picked up a S310 and have heat shield, flavorizer bars, burner tubes, grates (-all stainless steel) and control knobs headed my way! Had not been cleaned internally or externally since the day it was purchased, but nothing a little bit of elbow grease can't fix. Little bit of hood discoloration at the bottom, but body is in great shape with a hood that feels solid and sits/seals well.

My question to you all. I have some very large dark spots near the hood handle that won't come off with stainless steal cleaner. What can I do to get things right? Appreciate your help. Cheers.

I use scotch brite and windex with decent results and if that doesn't work I just use the scotch (on me) LOL

I've read that using steel wool on the stainless steel will leave tiny particles of steel behind causing little orange rust spots to appear. I can't say if it's true or not though

We've used steel wool a couple times on the stainless lids, but we always wash them with a sponge and soapy water afterwards and haven't had any issues.

That being said, the stainless lids have a 25 year warranty so if the inside liner is starting to rust or crumble, Weber will replace it for free.

The other thing remember is that type of hood has a 25 year warranty.
If the stsins are deep call Weber.

Last edited:

Back