Genesis CL find...need advice

Brian_S

TVWBB Fan
Been ages since I've posted anything but have never lost the grilling and smoking spirit. Found a used S330 on Craigslist for $170. Some surface rust but seems in decent shape. On high, getting a tall orange/yellow flame, not blue. Also side burner doesn't seem to work even trying to light manually. Will clean out all the debris from firebox and give burners a little wire brush scrub. Any advice appreciated.

See if you can get owner to get any parts for you while still under warranty. If it gets to temp and has nor cook box or cart rust, pick it up! I just picked up a S310 and have all new internals (heat shield, flavorizer bars, burner tubes, and grates- all stainless steel) headed my way! Had not been cleaned internally or externally since the day it was purchased, but nothing a little bit of elbow grease can't fix. Little bit of hood discoloration at the bottom, but body is in great shape with a hood that feels solid and sits/seals well.

With the orange flame on high check the spider guards to make sure they aren't partially blocked. If not what LMichaels said is probably the cause.

Back