Hi from Charlotte NC

BillA

Hey I am in the Charlotte NC area after smoking for a few years on a masterbuilt I have my brand new 22 WSM I am picking up this weekend. I also do volunteer work with a local zoo/big cat rescue working with some of the animals there and I have my own Cabinet/carpentry business. Looking forward to picking everyone's brains here as I learn how to use my new WSM

Welcome to the forum Bill. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. That is a good thing and the pleasure you will get from that great WSM is a good thing. I will bet you will give many pleasure from eating the great food you will prepare on your smoker. You will really enjoy your time on this forum. It is a great place to learn about using a WSM and the people here are very helpful. Enjoy it.

Thanks looking forward to lots of good eating from my WSM. and lots of good advice from here already learned alot

Welcome to the forum, Bill. It's a great place to learn, share and ask questions. Looking forward to seeing pics!

Bill, as everyone has said Welcome to the forum. We have lots of fun and great people who are always willing to help if you have a question. Looking forward to your cooks and take lots of pics.

Thanks all this is a great place for sure I have been looking through post and learning a bunch

Cool my shop is in Indian Trail on 74 by Sunbelt. Not far at all. Where is your local go to for meat and wood? I have been doing Costco, and getting my chunks at Bass pro shop since I am up that way every weekend working at Tiger World

Bill, for meat it's Costco or the Chefs store on Eastway drive, it's very much like RD but no membership required like this weeks special is Baby backs for $3.25 a LB. as for wood, I've been hitting Home Depot on Wendover, they usually have a pretty good selection even hickory splits, I have Apple and Hickory chunks from there, I haven't looked lately but there's a hardware store in either Stalling or Indian trail that sells Weber, BGE and Traeger they have pellets and charcoal but don't know about wood, have thought lately about checking with one of the tree crews in the area.

Very cool, thanks for the info I just found another place Frontier meat in Waxhaw area, they are a meat processing center that has a store open to the public a friend of mine ordered a whole hog 110 lbs for $2.09 a lb fresh not frozen. I got a chuck roast and smoked it, excellent. they are right beside furniture Factory outlet world on Lancaster highway

Thanks for the info Bill, I heard there was a place like that there but never, I'd like to check it out.

Now Rome is a place I want to go to someday, actually all of Italy and eat and drink my way across it !

Back