Issue with Pi A+ and Edimax nano?

Aaron Morris

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

Along with the Edimax nano bending up the USB ports on my Pi A+'s in my heatermeters, I've had another issue. For some reason (I've tried this on 2 heatermeters) when I try to join them as clients to my network, they never show up and don't get IP's. I have to restore the original sw image to get things working again.

Is this an issue with the Edimax? Should I try a different USB wifi adapter?

Thanks!

You shouldn't be having any issues with the edimax, except for a the usb connector.

When you are looking for your network after scanning for your router, do you have any issures finding your router?

After finding your router and clicking on it, are you saving and applying?

If you see any red writting on the top right corner saying you have unsaved changes, click on it and then save and apply.

When you restart your heatermeter are you seeing a IP address?

If you are seeing an address, but can not navigate to it. Are you on the same network, example, phone network and home network.

If you are on the same network and cant navigate to it, try restarting the router.

Is there any thing special about your network, as in multiple routers or anything other then the norm?

I've actually tried this at two different homes with different routers. I'll have to check again tonight on mine with two units.

I did however just notice there's an A+ specific snapshot image.. I used the regular openwrt one.. maybe that's part of it?

The wiki makes reference to the A+ image. I followed the directions on the wiki and have had no issue using the Edimax nano's. I did have issues with the Pi A+ USB port pins and returned them back free of charge thanks to Amazon Prime! They actually sent me 2 raspberry Pi's that were used and already had the USB pins bent back/broken. I probably could have saved time ordering those USB port replacements linked to ebay.

https://github.com/CapnBry/HeaterMeter/wiki/HeaterMeter-4.x-Software

Back