Heatermeter Wifi Issue - Pi A+

Aaron Morris

TVWBB Member
Ok,

So I'm trying to get one of my HM 4.2.4's on a Wifi network and having some issues. At first it came up, I found heatermeter in SSID's. Tried to configure it to be a client on the network, but it never seemed to work properly after. Now I've re-imaged the SDHC card, and it gets an IP address of 192.168.201.1 like it should, but I don't see heatermeter in my SSID lists on any device on my network. I've tried re-imaging again same issue. How do I reset this to get it to show up again?

This is a Pi A+, so no LAN or other USB ports. Edimax nano adapter.

Thanks!

First of all, some people had reported issues with the rPi A+ and the Edimax dongle, I haven't experienced it myself so I can not say first hand.... but it seems the Edimax dongle might fit too tight into the USB on the A+ and sometimes bends pins... So you should probably give it a good look over physically to see if this could be a problem...

Beyond that, for a fresh start go to the HM WIKI and look up "NO RESTORE", which is what you need to do to prevent the HM from restoring settings on boot. If you don't do that a freshly imaged SD card will NOT give you a fresh build, as the Heater Meter will restore the settings you had in place previously at first boot. (unless you use the no restore option)

Thanks, the norestore flag did the trick. Yeah the edimax did some pin bending action on my 3 a+ HM's i just built. I have a thread open on that one.

Thanks for the quick response!

Back