Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: HM 4.2.4 3D Printed Case

TVWBB Diamond Member
    Yah, I guess the HM would want to slide off the magnets when you try to rotate the mount... Perhaps if there was something like a peg on the arm that fit into a hole on the HM, that would resist the tendency to slide? Or if the magnets weren't flush mount, rather sticking up a bit from the arm and recessing into the back of the case a bit would make the mount solid enough to rotate without sliding off. The peg idea would be easy to add, just need to drill a little hole in the HM back for the peg to fit into.

Yah, Sunny Tampa, snow is a real joke to you guys... lol That's why I mentioned sun too, the kinder hazzard. Years ago working in Florida I had to fix a pinball machine because all the plastic ramps melted and warped from the sun while stuck in traffic on the back of a pickup truck... Sun can be rough on stuff too...
    I created the Roto Damper, RD3, HMv4.2 sliding back case, "air-burner" and the "ping-pong" valve in my quest for delicious "set and forget" BBQ.

TVWBB Pro
    6 HMs and 4 fan/servos ready to ship to my BBQ team back in the US.

Located in Sydney, Aus and looking for a 3d printer for the case and possibly an RD3. I have purchased the Heatermeter kit via http://heatermeter.myshopify.com/ and am looking forward to setting this up for my WSM 18" in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert P View Post
    Located in Sydney, Aus and looking for a 3d printer for the case and possibly an RD3. I have purchased the Heatermeter kit via http://heatermeter.myshopify.com/ and am looking forward to setting this up for my WSM 18" in the coming weeks.
    It might be cheaper to have a case and damper housing printed locally.

The files for the case are in the first post of this thread.

The files for the RD3 aren't publically available. I personally use this offset rotary damper and it works really well. The files can be found in the first post of that thread as well. There's also the adapt-a-damper and the micro and macro damper.

Cheers.

TVWBB Pro
    Hey mate! Glad to see a fellow Australian on board (actually, I'm American, just working in Australia). If you need a case, let me know and I could print one and send it to you if you cover the shipping cost. I'm in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.

PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by WBegg View Post
    Hey mate! Glad to see a fellow Australian on board (actually, I'm American, just working in Australia). If you need a case, let me know and I could print one and send it to you if you cover the shipping cost. I'm in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.

PM me.
    Thanks Mate! Also an American but here in Sydney of course. Never once did I truly entertain smoking on my own back in the states until I moved here this past January from Chicago. My unwavering obsession with Texas Brisket from Smoque BBQ in Chicago, IL forced me to step up and start smoking myself and now I am loving it!. Thanks again, I'll pm you now as well.

TVWBB Fan
    Building a HM for someone that wants a 4 probe version (rather than 3 and 1 thermocouple). They prefer an orange colored case and/or something that holds up best in direct heat/sunlight. I've had issues with my PLA flexing and deforming a little bit with heat/sun. Curious if ABS would be a better choice? Can anyone tell me if they can print the 4 probe case and their color options and PLA/ABS printing abilities?

TVWBB Member
    Tom
    Could you create a 4 line version for pi b tc
    I printed 4.2.4-2L-TC-PiB-TOP-v1.2.stl

I would like to try my hand at 4 line. I run multiple HM's during a large cook, and waiting for the scroll with 3 units running gets interesting at times..

4.2.4-4L-TC-PiB-TOP-v1.2.stl would be the file needed now.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giacinto View Post
    Tom
    Could you create a 4 line version for pi b tc
    I printed 4.2.4-2L-TC-PiB-TOP-v1.2.stl

I would like to try my hand at 4 line. I run multiple HM's during a large cook, and waiting for the scroll with 3 units running gets interesting at times..

4.2.4-4L-TC-PiB-TOP-v1.2.stl would be the file needed now.
    Just got back from vacation and will check on that 4L version tonight. If you need it faster, I'm pretty sure I already have it embedded in the main .dwg file in which case you can just save the stl version of that case if you have inventor fusion.

I was trying to find WBegg's Adapt-a-Damper design on Thingiverse and found this sliding back case design on there. I don't remember seeing it posted on the forum anywhere so here's a link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1401249
    Creator of the MicroDamper - first inline and linear damper
    Blackstone Posse :: KCBS Member

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast