Are the Weber grills in big box stores the same

JohnD

Hello. I'm looking to purchase a Spirit E310 as my first Weber grill. My father in law and brother in law both have Weber's and have had excellent service them for years without issue. I can get a military discount at the big orange box store that will make the cost a little less. Are there any quality differences, besides dealer support, between ones purchased at the big box stores versus a Weber dealer or are they they same units?

No they are the same grills, though there may be sub-models that a true dealer may carry i.e. the EP versions that the orange store may not.

First welcome to the site, lots of nice folks here to help you with questions.
Home Depot has a special on the spirit E310, there's comes with a gourmet grill grate, but as I understand it the front grill is a lift out instead of a door like the others.
Also the warranty is covered by Weber no mater where you buy it. If you get one make sure you register it with Weber.

Last edited:
John
Welcome to the site, and thanks for your service.
The Big Orange Store has the new E310 It has the new cooking grates with the removable center and a Cast Iron Skillet that fits in.
Take a good look at that front panel. It needs to be removed and replaced each time you shut off the gas.
The Big Blue Lowe's store still has a few of last years E310s. They don't have the fancy grill grates, but they do have the door instead of that removable front panel.
If you have your VA card they will also give you a 10% discount. I showed them a copy of my DD214 when I got my 210. They wanted to give me some guff about it, but after a discussion with the store manager I got my 10%.

Troy
If you have a VA card or active duty card they will give a 10% discount. They just changed their policy a few months ago, and will no longer take a DD214 or any other form of military ID. Ohio will put your military service on your drivers license, but I'm not sure if they will take that anymore.

Everyone, thank you for your responses. I realized after reading the responses that my original statement was misleading. The military discount would be my father's, not mine. He'd be buying it with my cash. I'm very proud of his service and thankful for all the men and woman who have done so to protect our freedom. It would have been an insult to him, and all of them, for me not to have set the record straight. Again, sorry for not being clear in my original statement.

Everyone, thank you for your responses. I realized after reading the responses that my original statement was misleading. The military discount would be my father's, not mine. He'd be buying it with my cash. I'm very proud of his service and thankful for all the men and woman who have done so to protect our freedom. It would have been an insult to him, and all of them, for me not to have set the record straight. Again, sorry for not being clear in my original statement.

It's all good.
You tell your father that we all thank him for his service.

Did you get your grill yet?

go to the post office and pick up a change of address packet - it has a coupon for 10% off @ Lowes, & HD will match it. I got a discount on a welder & lawn mower like that (friend tipped me off). You might have to ask a postal worker for the packet, they keep them behind the counter sometimes.

It's all good.
You tell your father that we all thank him for his service.

Did you get your grill yet?

I will. Thank you. I was going to wait on his next visit up next month but with Clint's suggestion about the 10% off coupon I might get it sooner.

I will. Thank you. I was going to wait on his next visit up next month but with Clint's suggestion about the 10% off coupon I might get it sooner.

Well apparently the Lowe's coupon specifically states that Weber and some other manufacturers do not qualify for the 10 % off. Home Depot wouldn't honor it either for the same reason. While chatting with customer support online at Home Depot I asked if there was any other discounts that they could apply and they offered 5%. Not the discount I had hoped for but with the free shipping and not having to wait till the end of July I pulled the trigger and ended up ordering a Spirit E-320. It was the wife's suggestion, and who am I to argue with upgrading, because when we lost power with Sandy we ended up using the side burner on our last grill since our electric stove was out of commission. Now I just have to wait for it to get here.

Well apparently the Lowe's coupon specifically states that Weber and some other manufacturers do not qualify for the 10 % off. Home Depot wouldn't honor it either for the same reason. While chatting with customer support online at Home Depot I asked if there was any other discounts that they could apply and they offered 5%. Not the discount I had hoped for but with the free shipping and not having to wait till the end of July I pulled the trigger and ended up ordering a Spirit E-320. It was the wife's suggestion, and who am I to argue with upgrading, because when we lost power with Sandy we ended up using the side burner on our last grill since our electric stove was out of commission. Now I just have to wait for it to get here.

Never argue with a wife that's willing to upgrade. . . unless she's planning on upgrading you.:D
You are going to love your Spirit. I've used mine a lot more than I've ever used my old gasser. It's literally leaps and bounds above my old one.

So the new grill arrived on Thursday afternoon. Yesterday I pulled everything out of the box to make sure it was all there and survived the trip. Found the base had a couple of dents along the edge and the door had a few dings and was bowed. OK, cosmetic issues, not too bad and I had read reviews where this was happening. I called Weber and they were easy to work with but the parts were going to take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

Start the assembly and it's going well until I get to installing the grease pan. That's when I find that the guide bars are bent up on one side. Second call to Weber, more parts ordered but they did upgrade the warehouse pick and shipping to be a priority. Couldn't give me an idea of when it would arrive but it would be less than the first estimate. They also are sending me a vegetable basket because of the issues. I would have much preferred to not have any issues out of the box but Weber support was great. Gonna have to wait a bit longer before the first cook.

Back