4 lines in the display

JoostB

Hi all,

First of all: if I've posted this in the wrong place please forgive me (been reading a lot and think this is the best place) :eek:

I'm coordinating a HM build and one of the guys wants to be able to read all four probes at one time on his HM. He doesn't want to use a smartphone or his pc all the time. I have no idea if this is an easy mod or if it needs a lot more than just another display.

Has anyone done this before?

Kind regards,

Joost

First off, with the standard two line display if you tap the button down it will scroll through the probes that are not shown, so you can see them all on the two line, just not all at the same time. They will also cycle on screen on their own.
That said, yes, you can use four line displays. I have been using MDL-20464B displays on my HM which show all 4 probes at once, and someone recently suggested that I check out the NHD-0420DZ-FSW-FBW four line display as well. I think there were a few others that have been used by forum members. The only thing is, at least with the display I am using, you need to mount the display to the case and wire it up with a ribbon connector rather than soldering the display directly to the header like the standard display. No biggie, but I thought I should mention it....

PS Also, the case for the four line display is generally a bit larger than the case for the standard display

Last edited:
Ralph hit the high points for the display, but if your friend doesn't want any of the web access at all he can eliminate the RaspberryPi, Wifi adapter, and SD card completely (saving ~$50). The HeaterMeter board functions just fine by itself.

You'll need a way to initially configure it if you don't want the defaults, which means connecting it a Pi once or having some special flashing hardware.

Hmmm, that could also be an option. Don't know if he wants to do without the Pi (wouldn't suggest is as it takes away what makes an HM great :D).

Back