BRITU Recipe - Modification for 22.5" WSM?

Just took a look at it and I don't see where the size of the WSM will make any difference.The only difference between the 18 and 22 is real estate available. If you have good temperature control of your bullet then there should be no difference. I will try this recipe on my 22 in a few weeks. Just can't see a difference. Good Luck.

Hey Bob,

Thanks for having a look. The only things I was concerned about was the amount of charcoal used in the recipe, and the amount of wood. Didn't know if it would translate well over to the 22.5" WSM or not. Only cooked on my WSM once so far. :D

Easiest solution for the charcoal issue is to use minion method and a full load of charcoal. When the cook is done, shut down the vents and the coals will extinguish. It can then be reused on your next cook. As for the smoke wood, just use what the recipe calls for. All should go well Tom. Good Luck.

Easiest solution for the charcoal issue is to use minion method and a full load of charcoal. When the cook is done, shut down the vents and the coals will extinguish. It can then be reused on your next cook. As for the smoke wood, just use what the recipe calls for. All should go well Tom. Good Luck.

same here, just shut all vents when done and let the coals go out. You should have a bit of coals to re-use for next cook.

You can't go wrong with BRITU. I have used that rub for most of my rib cooks since.

Back