enhanced tri tip

Rick Moore

TVWBB Super Fan
Morning all-

I'm smoking my second tri tip today - planning on a slow smoke with oak and then searing on a hot kettle. Anyway - this is my second tri tip and again I can only find enhanced - the first was very salty - and I didn't use extra salt in my rub so it is all from the enhancement. Can I soak this for a few hours today to get some of the salt out? I know, I probably should have started soaking it last night...

Second question - anyone know if they carry pretzel salt at regular grocery stores?? I've seen popcorn, but not pretzel. Trying to make some kimmelweck (sp?) bread - need carraway seeds and pretzel salt...

Thanks in advance!!

Rick

Yes you can soak and change the water. If the last one was salty, I definately would get a couple of hours of soak time. I can only wonder how much salt will be removed. Even if only the the surface is improved it is worth it.

It's possible the meat will discolor when soaking but don't worry about it if it does. Pretzel salt is carried--occasionally--at some supers but kosher will work fine on kimmelweck. Making beef on weck? Good idea!

Back