First WSM Experience

Garrett Mann

Well, it wasn't 100% just me, in fact I didn't do much other than prep the brisket...

I originally had a Masterbuilt-built Cabela's labeled electric smoker, didn't get the job done.

Decided to get a 18" WSM because my buddy had one and loved it. Last weekend he hosted a party and we decided to do a bunch of BBQ. 3 racks of ribs, 8lb brisket, and approx 30lbs of pork butts. He used both the smokers to use the butts the night before and the day of he started the brisket for me due to me having to be at work but as soon as I arrived I took over the task of keeping the temp up (our first attempt at High Heat method) and finished it up.

My buddy and I are big time into cars and it was a car-meet/bbq so with cars comes car photographers.. we have a professional photographer as part of our group and he ended up snapping a few pics of the brisket, once I get them I'll have to upload. It was some of the best eating I've had.

I'm sure I'll be stopping back in here for questions about other foods to smoke as I'm new to charcoal smoking.

/end ramble

Back